Can't see some recruits Topic

I just finished my 1st season in Bryant, and was conf champ and got eliminated 1st round of playoffs.  I just ran yatzr's recruiting tool, and was looking at recruits, and some of the recruits yatzr gave me are not visible.  I did not use out of vision in yatzr search.  Can anyone tell me why I can't see these recruits.  Some of them are 40 miles from Carleton, but still can't see them.

Thanks.
11/7/2012 9:10 PM
Between yatzr's recruit tool and the game website, make sure you didn't run one of your searches before the season rolled over and the other one after it did, i.e. make sure you're not comparing results from before and after the change of vision applies.
Otherwise, it is very strange and I never experienced something like that.
11/8/2012 10:24 AM
What elkhour described is the most probable scenario.  Your vision most likely went down after the season ended since you went from a 14 win season to a 10 win season.  If you performed the search in the recruiting tool before the world rolled over (i.e. when all the records go back to 0-0), and haven't done it again since, then that is why you are experiencing this.  To resolve it, all you have to do is "grab recruits" again.  It will automatically mark recruits as out-of-vision if it doesn't find them as in-vision this time around.
11/8/2012 2:32 PM
I ran the search after the season ended, as a matter of fact on Tuesday night ( the night before off-season happened.)  Will that still make a difference?  Thanks for your input and help.
Also, how does the vision increase happen?  Does it happen when you win conference, go to the playoffs, or what?  

11/8/2012 8:10 PM (edited)
What elkhour described is exactly correct ... you need to make sure your team's record is 0-0 before you run the recruiting tool. The other way to maximize your search is to donate to yatzr. That way you are able to run all 16 threads.
The traditional forum wisdom is that vision increase is a function of wins over time ... 10 wins in three consecutive seasons give you good vision ...15 wins, even better.
11/9/2012 9:55 AM
Thanks for the info. It is good to know.
11/9/2012 11:40 AM
Another question: after 12 seasons, I have finally gotten 3 10+ win seasons. Now the question is how does that help me? What is the vision increase, and how does it work? Do I "see" more talented recruits closer to me, and are these recruits open for everyone who has the improved vision or what?  Also, if I decide to move to a higher division, does my new-found vision follow me, or do I have to start all over again at the higher level school?  I know that 's a lot of questions, but I am wondering.  

Thanks.
1/5/2013 8:14 PM
"Vision" is covered in great detail in some forum threads, but I'll give you my basic understanding of it.
When your vision increases, you'll be able to "see" (and recruit) players with a higher overall rating. This happens because you are able to "see" a greater segment of the overall Bryant recruit pool. Their geographic location is not a factor.
Everyone who has a similar vision rating, including those in higher divisions, will be able to "see" these recruits.
If you change schools, your vision will be determined by the success experienced over the most recent 3-4 seasons there. Your reputation and loyalty do accompany you.

1/6/2013 9:59 AM
Can't see some recruits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.