St. John's Tracking Topic

Using this thread (mostly for my own enjoyment) to keep track year by year game by game my time at St. John's in the MIAC.

A few notes:
I have played GD a few times but never for very long as I have had other things get in my way.
First time in Rockne.
Each season I will post some goals both long term and for the season.
Feel free to call me a fool or tell me what I am doing wrong as I learn.
11/8/2012 2:07 PM (edited)
BASE 2

BASE 2 is a theory we developed at our school and I am going to see how it translates to the game. Some of the theory plays into the emotion of a high school football game and wont work the same here but it will be fun to keep track of. SO what is BASE 10....

B- Big Play- Score from 30 yards out. (once per game)
A- Answer- If the other team scores we need to score on the following posession (once per game)
S- Score First- Self Explanitory
E- Extend the Lead- Score while in the lead
2- Score in the Final 2 min of a quarter- This one translates the least, its much more difficult for a High School kid to look at the score board after the end of the first and see 10-0 as opposed to seeing that with 10 min to go in the half. Kids base things on that natural break in the game.

The goal is to hit 3 of the 5 in each game. When we did that at the HS level we won 73% of the time. The same play could count for more than one. IE we score a 40yd TD on the opening drive it would be a Big Play and scoring first.

Blackshirts

In practice each week the offense wears white and the defense wears red. However the player of the week on offense, defense and special teams get the honnor of wearing a Blackshirt.
11/9/2012 8:48 PM (edited)
Season 1 goals:

Win 4 games
Win Homcomming game vs Lycoming
Beat St. Thomas
Be positive in +/-
Achive BASE2 goal in 66% of games
11/8/2012 2:00 PM (edited)
Season 1 GUESS Reports:

Overall:

143rd in the Nation
45.68 C+
8th in conference

Freshmen Class:

65th in the Nation
4th in conference
11/8/2012 1:59 PM
BASE2 Season 1

Opponent B     A     S     E     2     Result
Wilkes    X       W 17-14
Rose-Hulman  X      X  X  W 40-3
@Millikin    X  X  X  X  W 34-28
Lycoming  X  X  X  X  X W 28-25
@ Blackburn      X  X  X W 31-14 
@Bethany    X      X L 13-27
@ Hamline           L 22-25 
Carelton    X      X L 10-16 
Gustavus Adolphus          L 10-41
@ Bethel        W 34-0
Concorida  X    X  X    W 24-6
@ Agustana            
St. Thomas            
11/20/2012 9:13 AM (edited)
Blackshirts Offense Defense Special Teams
Week 1 Harvey Huges     Bill Franklin Bill Francis
Week 2 Jason Montgomery James Kimball James Kimball
Week 3 Harvey Huges    Juan Brewster James Kimball
Week 4 Jason Montgomery Jerry Adkins  Charles Townsend 
Week 5 Danny Smith William Brown  Bill Francis 
Week 6 Harvey Huges  Juan Brewster James Banks
Week 7      
Week 8      
Week 9      

11/19/2012 10:57 AM (edited)
Game One Summary:

After trailing 14-0, the Johnnies were able to score a late 1st half touchdown when Oscar "the Grouch" McKinley plunged in from 3 yards out. McKinley, who is adjusting to his role as the teams fullback this year, had 8 carries on the day but his 3 yard plow into the endzone was his longest of the day. The Johhnies then turned the opening posession of the 2nd half into 3 points off the leg of Senior Kicker Charles Townsand when he split the uprights from 42 yards. After downing a punt at the one, the Johnnies turned the next possesion into the game winning touchdown as Harvey Huges put together a 3 play 81 yard drive in which he carried the ball each play.

This weeks Blackshirts were awarded to:

Offensive- Harvey Huges 24 carries for 168 yards, TD
Defensive- Bill Franklin 6 tackles, 1 tackle for loss
Special Teams- Bill Francis 7 punts, Avg 44.4 yards, 2 downed inside the 20 (5,1)
11/9/2012 8:48 PM
Game Two Summary:

Rose Hulman kicked a FG on their opening drive but after that it was all Johnnies with a final score of 40-3. Freshman Jason Montgomery scored 3 times on the ground, including one from 65 yards out. On the day he had 109 yards on the ground leading all rushers. Quarterback Danny Smith was efficent again going 11/17 160 yards and a touchdown. Senior James Kimball had two interceptions and Bill Franklin had a tackle in the endzone for a safety.

This weeks Blackshirts are awarded to:

Offensive- Jason Montgomery 8 carries for 109 yards and 3 TD
Defensive- James Kimball- 2 INTs, 1 Pass Defended and 3 tackles
Special Teams- James Kimball- Over 150 return Yards

11/10/2012 2:58 PM
St. John's Tracking Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.