Longest you've stayed at a school? Topic

Posted by bbunch on 11/9/2012 6:02:00 PM (view original):
I used to be a school hopper when I first started playing. I've now completed 24 seasons at S. Arkansas (Allen) and 20 season at Longwood (Iba). Being a member of 2 of the great DII conferences of all time in Gulf South Allen and Heartland-Iba keep me wanting to stay at those schools as long as possible
Isn't Longwood in the CVAC?
11/9/2012 8:31 PM
Posted by commish118 on 11/9/2012 8:16:00 AM (view original):
That is Tark, though (2-a-day).  Dcy's been here sine May 4 2006.  Al Black is a lifer at Transy and just completed his 60th season (1-a-day) and has been here since Mar 27, 2004.  Spasticity has been at Westminster (PA) for 56 seasons and started on Feb 9, 2005.  I have been at Manchester for 50 seasons and started on Dec 19, 2005.  All three of us are in IBA D3, Heartland.
Okay, you guys can have the longest in "real world" time and I'll keep the "most seasons" title.  Fair enough, ha ha? 
11/10/2012 12:53 AM
Posted by bistiza on 11/9/2012 1:07:00 PM (view original):
metsmax are you the person with the record for the most HD seasons played? You've been on here a ton and I'm sure have a wealth of knowledge on the game.
I'm pretty sure that the record for most seasons played is held by Vandydave and I don't really think it's even close.

Just checked, Mets is at 516 total, Oldresorter is currently at 529, and Vandydave is at 576.  I'm sure there are other long time coaches, but those three came to mind first.  So, yep, Dave has a pretty commanding lead and considering that he currently has a team in all 10 worlds, I think he'll stay number one for a long while.
11/10/2012 12:59 AM (edited)
Posted by bistiza on 11/9/2012 11:51:00 AM (view original):
I noticed alblack that you are the only user I've ever seen who still holds a team from the creation of its world until now with over 60 seasons in (Transylvania in Iba). That's amazing and makes it easy to know you were responsible for everything that's ever occurred outside of the initial players on the team (and you even got to coach them).
FWIW, I got to Northeastern State (D2) in season 3 of Tark and am still there 72 seasons later, so I also have been responsible for everything that's ever occurred outside of the initial players on the team.  And, yes, I got to coach some of them also.  Now I didn't get to the team in season 1 (obviously, since it's a D2 school) and couldn't get a D3 team when the world opened up (they were all gone in less than FIFTEEN minutes!  How's that make everyone feel about all the half empty worlds we have now?  Fifteen minutes!), so I had to jump into D3 starting with season 2, but there were still several players from that season 1 D2 team when I moved up.  I can't claim every season like Al, but I can come pretty damn close.
11/10/2012 1:08 AM
The opening of Tark.  That was the heyday of HD. 
11/10/2012 1:34 AM
I've been at Howard Payne in Knight for 53 seasons....and I'm not going anywhere there.
11/12/2012 6:45 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 11/10/2012 12:59:00 AM (view original):
metsmax are you the person with the record for the most HD seasons played? You've been on here a ton and I'm sure have a wealth of knowledge on the game.
I'm pretty sure that the record for most seasons played is held by Vandydave and I don't really think it's even close.

Just checked, Mets is at 516 total, Oldresorter is currently at 529, and Vandydave is at 576.  I'm sure there are other long time coaches, but those three came to mind first.  So, yep, Dave has a pretty commanding lead and considering that he currently has a team in all 10 worlds, I think he'll stay number one for a long while.
i would think it could be that guy rob (his real name), i forgot all his IDs, but he once had 26 teams at one time. shtickless, uh, i dont know like y....something, coached in the pac 10 in tark (oregon maybe?). there were like a half dozen IDs of his i knew, i think one or two were slightly vulgar even. but i havent seen him post or anything in a while. i dont know how many total seasons he had, but he had some RIDICULOUS streak going like, the most wins ever without a national championship, or something. no wonder, with all those teams, how could you give ANY of them ANYTHING close to full concentration. later, when he cut back, he had fewer teams and was able to win a couple titles at least. he was a personal friend of tarek if i remember correctly, so i think he sort of went away around when tarek was pushed out. not sure how many seasons he had, but when you are racking up 26 at a time, it could definitely be him. i think he had over 10K wins, at least, before he won a title (which at 20 wins/season, is what like 500 seasons)?
11/12/2012 6:59 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 11/12/2012 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dcy0827 on 11/10/2012 12:59:00 AM (view original):

i would think it could be that guy rob (his real name), i forgot all his IDs, but he once had 26 teams at one time. shtickless, uh, i dont know like y....something, coached in the pac 10 in tark (oregon maybe?). there were like a half dozen IDs of his i knew, i think one or two were slightly vulgar even. but i havent seen him post or anything in a while. i dont know how many total seasons he had, but he had some RIDICULOUS streak going like, the most wins ever without a national championship, or something. no wonder, with all those teams, how could you give ANY of them ANYTHING close to full concentration. later, when he cut back, he had fewer teams and was able to win a couple titles at least. he was a personal friend of tarek if i remember correctly, so i think he sort of went away around when tarek was pushed out. not sure how many seasons he had, but when you are racking up 26 at a time, it could definitely be him. i think he had over 10K wins, at least, before he won a title (which at 20 wins/season, is what like 500 seasons)?
You could be right, but I was under the impression that the question involved a single ID?  If that's the case, it's still probably Vandydave (though he has more than one ID also).
11/13/2012 10:14 AM
tracyr... thats his name. came to me in a dream, lol. well, by name i mean, his main id, at least i always thought it was
11/13/2012 10:55 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 11/13/2012 10:55:00 AM (view original):
tracyr... thats his name. came to me in a dream, lol. well, by name i mean, his main id, at least i always thought it was
Yep, that's it, Rob Tracy.
11/13/2012 1:26 PM
tracyr still coaches SUNY Fredonia in Knight, and has for all 54 seasons of the world's existence.  Unfortunately it appears that it's been very close to ghostshipped for the past 4 or 5 seasons.
11/13/2012 1:38 PM
jojotheidiot was at St. Thomas FOREVER
11/14/2012 12:03 PM
◂ Prev 123
Longest you've stayed at a school? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.