hey Guys:

I'm fairly new to this and I cant find anything on how much time a team should spend on position vs formation time?  I'm sure its been brought up before, i just cant find it.  Is 10 minutes the norm on formations or is that not enough?  Is 20 minutes a good amount of time for a players conditioning?  Or are those two numbers "overkill".  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
11/9/2012 7:37 AM
10 minutes per formation (2-3 O formations, 2 D forms, & ST) is sufficient. The rest is player dev. 
11/9/2012 8:38 AM
I like 8 minutes in 3 O formations, 3 D formations and ST.
11/9/2012 10:24 AM
I do 8-10 in my balanced/running formations and 15+ in my passing formations (for both O and D) 

example:  trips/nickel would get 15 each and nd box/4-4 would get 10

reason being I feel when u run the ball less IQ may be a 4 yrd run insted of a 5 yrd,  whereas when I pass the ball less IQ could be 5% less comp % and 5% more INTs.  risk vs reward passing the ball is way larger than running the ball (IMO) so I wont run the risk of having bad pass results if I can help it.
11/9/2012 2:09 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.