Mantle - Season 27 - FULL Topic

Mantle World will be rolling into season 27 sometime in a couple of weeks (November 27-29 or so).  Chronologically, it is the second oldest world in all of HBD and will be the first private world to roll to season 27.

Mantle was without a doubt the finest public world in all of HBD for it's first 17 seasons and has since become private, making us one of the finest private worlds in all of HBD. We traditionally have among the lowest turnover from season to season (high of 7, low of zero) of all HBD worlds (public or private), and have had 9 original owners who have been here since day one through our first 26 seasons. We've even had a couple of original owners come back after spending a couple of season away from HBD altogether.

The average tenure of our 32 current owners is 14.1 seasons in Mantle.  This includes 12 owners who have 20+ seasons of commitment to Mantle World.  We've also never had a team repeat as World Series champions through the first 26 seasons.

Mantle is world #5, and consistently sims within minutes of the start of each cycle. You can set your watch by us!

Since turning private, Mantle has adopted the following four rules that all owners are required to abide:
  1. There is a four-season rolling minimum win requirement of 55/120/185/260.  Failure to meet this requirement will result in forfeiture of the franchise to a new owner at the end of the season.
  2. After the trade deadline has passed, teams may place no more than 7 players on the waiver wire at any one time.  This is to avoid flooding the wire with players in order to try to "sneak" players through after the deadline.  First offense results in a warning.  A second offense will result in forfeiture of the franchise to a new owner at the end of the season.
  3. Owners are expected to keep their minor league pitching staffs in good order, i.e. no running chronically fatigued pitching staffs at any level.  An owner in violation of this rule will be given an opportunity to set things straight.  Failure to address or correct the problem within a reasonable amount of time without a valid explanation will result in forfeiture of the franchise to a new owner at the end of the season.
  4. The amount of cash received by a team in a trade cannot exceed the total amount of salary being received by that team in that trade.
Right now, we have two known openings for S27.  If you are interested in being placed on our waitlist, please either post here or send me a sitemail.

Waitlist:

1. iain
2. dudejustice
3. indiansrck27
12/1/2012 10:01 AM (edited)

Confirmed openings:

AL East - Pittsburgh franchise - iain
AL East - Cleveland franchise - dudejustice

11/15/2012 10:56 AM (edited)
Reserved
11/12/2012 9:54 AM
i'll take that ny team
11/14/2012 7:49 AM
One confirmed opening.
11/14/2012 12:22 PM
We now have a second confirmed opening.
11/15/2012 7:56 AM

Can I claim Baltimore as the new home for the Pittsburgh franchise?

11/15/2012 8:57 AM
You may.
11/15/2012 9:34 AM
We have rolled, and have a couple of owners MIA.  Accepting waitlist candidates in case they don't show.
11/28/2012 2:50 PM
If our one AWOL owner does not show up by 6pm tonight, I intend to replace him.  If you want to be that replacement, let me know.
11/29/2012 6:48 AM
Mantle - Season 27 - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.