Rebuilding/Building a crappy conference in IBA Topic

Not sure if rebuilding is the correct term, because I have only been in the So Cal conference in Iba D3 for two years. As a conference it has been very weak. We didn't even show up in the top 10 conferences for the first two years, but all of a sudden we have had some really strong coaches take over some teams, and we are up to 7 coaches. Sign ups are going on now, so if you want to join, sign up now. We'll see if we can at least make it respectable.
11/13/2012 8:04 AM
We are up to 8 coaches now. Last year we only had 5 so I think we have a great chance of becoming one of the better conferences now.
11/13/2012 9:49 AM
chapel, I may join you
11/13/2012 10:12 AM
Awesome - Thanks for joining GVSU. We only have 2 openings now.  If we fill those up, we will have 7 new coaches this year, which should be interesting as everyone will be building their programs at approximately the same time. In a way, I am really starting the rebuild of Colorado this year, as I only recruited 3 players in year 1 and 0 in year 2, so between this year and next year I have to replace 9 players as well.
11/13/2012 11:56 AM
Wow - we are down to one opening now. CMHMS is the last one. It should be really interesting because most of the schools are at C- prestige at the moment. I think that 3 years ago, when I first came, there were no humans in the conference, and now there are 11. I hope someone out there will join and fill it up.
11/13/2012 2:43 PM
Come join...

coachucla, mrbinson, cbryant31, ironman2011, bscollier, kb22, chapelhillne, myself and a few newer coaches! This should be an amazing conference and almost all the teams are C or C- to start with so it is pretty even starting out.

11/13/2012 3:02 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 11/13/2012 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Come join...

coachucla, mrbinson, cbryant31, ironman2011, bscollier, kb22, chapelhillne, myself and a few newer coaches! This should be an amazing conference and almost all the teams are C or C- to start with so it is pretty even starting out.

If you can convince me why it would be an "amazing" conference, I might use an alt ID and take that last team.
11/13/2012 7:10 PM
Well, I get the impression that a lot of those folks know what they're doing, so it should be a highly competitive conference. If the coaches corner today is any indication, folks get along pretty well, so it should be a fun conference. And the dynamic of everybody coming in and taking over rebuilds at the same time is fairly rare, so it should be an interesting conference. 

I think those things add up to amazing. I signed up. 
11/13/2012 8:11 PM
What he said
11/13/2012 10:35 PM
Rebuilding/Building a crappy conference in IBA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.