Upstate Challenge #4 (cash prizes) Topic

We're looking for a legendary coach that thinks he can hang with with best competition in HD.  Not just the toughest DIII conference, but also the toughest DIII world. 

Here's your challenge:
  • Join our conference
  • Stay for 5 seasons
  • In seasons #1-#4, if you win your division you get a $13 GC
  • In season #5, win the division outright (no ties) and get a $50 GC
  • Win a National Title any of the first five seasons and get $50 GC

To win cash prize

* you can have no more than 5 SRs
* you can have no more than 8 upperclassmen
* you can only win one $50 prize

if interested send me a sitemail
11/13/2012 9:04 PM
a little info on Wooden DIII
  • toughest DIII hands down
  • we have four BCS conferences established for 15 seasons now
  • plus four up and coming conferences that just started building up steam about 5 seasons ago
  • lots of friendly competition (between coaches and conferences)
  • rivalries spanning 50 seasons
  • tons of coaches willing to help out newbs
  • winning a DIII National Title in Wooden is one of the greatest accomplishments in all of HD
11/13/2012 9:18 PM
I currently coach a team in wooden DIII and after this season I am going to be looking for a new team to coach.  I have a few feelers out there and at least two very promising gigs.  Coaching in Upstate would be quite a challenge.  I would consider coaching there, but the cash prize would not be an incentive, and here is why....

St. Lawrence would be a great job to take right now.  With the possibility of 11 teams making the NT and a few teams capable of making a run, the Upstate is going to have a lot of post season cash.  Couple that with the five open scholies and you are well on your way to being competitive.  However, with five open slots, three juniors returning, and two SIM recruited players that should be cut, I might just want to have nine upperclassmen.  Five seniors and four juniors in four years, recruited mainly from this years budget, could possibly build a team that can be competitive in this conference.  Otherwise it is going to take more than four or five years to be competitive in this conference of superstars.

Okay, I suppose it could be done with 8 upperclassmen. But still this conference is TOUGH.

11/13/2012 9:58 PM
it's a tough, and very fun, conference. This is the 4th time an Upstate Challenge has been rolled out, and I don't think Polo has ever had to pay more than $10. Think you're good enough?
11/13/2012 11:27 PM
Got a couple coaches interested. Anyone else?
11/14/2012 7:59 PM
Upstate Challenge #4 (cash prizes) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.