3-a-day world... Topic

I wish they'd drop the afternoon off between non con and con in the 2 a day worlds first.
11/15/2012 8:16 AM
Posted by udm_mike on 11/15/2012 8:16:00 AM (view original):
I wish they'd drop the afternoon off between non con and con in the 2 a day worlds first.
I believe that's there for scheduling purposes considering i've seen teams have games in that slot.
11/15/2012 9:01 AM
This is fine for you guys who like it and have the time. I tried a two a day world in Knight and was able to do it but a few times I wasn't able to game plan at all, so I dropped out of that. Three a day would be way too much for me personally.
11/15/2012 9:31 AM
Never gonna happen.  It'd be too much work for WIS to rewrite everything to be able to run games 3/day.  Plus, if there's an error in the 3/day world, they don't have much time to get it fixed before the next game runs, and it also might interfere with the 1/day and 2/day worlds.  This would just invite more problems.

As someone said earlier - if you're addicted to the game, join more of the existing worlds.  If you get to 9 teams, and then get an alt ID and fill that up, and then you're still in the mood for more HD... turn your computer off and go outside for a bit.
11/15/2012 9:57 AM
Posted by ryrun on 11/15/2012 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Never gonna happen.  It'd be too much work for WIS to rewrite everything to be able to run games 3/day.  Plus, if there's an error in the 3/day world, they don't have much time to get it fixed before the next game runs, and it also might interfere with the 1/day and 2/day worlds.  This would just invite more problems.

As someone said earlier - if you're addicted to the game, join more of the existing worlds.  If you get to 9 teams, and then get an alt ID and fill that up, and then you're still in the mood for more HD... turn your computer off and go outside for a bit.
Wait, so you're saying there's a 10th world outside my laptop?
11/15/2012 12:03 PM
Posted by therewas47 on 11/15/2012 9:01:00 AM (view original):
I believe that's there for scheduling purposes considering i've seen teams have games in that slot.
i think he means the off day after the 11th game that is for scheduling purposes. for most of us, its 3 open cycles till we get back to playing. i havent a damn clue what its there for, except maybe, to make people appreciate HD more. if it was non stop, no breaks, maybe that would get boring faster. throw a break in here or there, and people go, GIVE ME MORE!!

but yeah, i totally hate that in between day, too. its not like there is a significant difference there and i need to redo everything for conf play.
11/15/2012 12:37 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 11/15/2012 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by therewas47 on 11/15/2012 9:01:00 AM (view original):
i think he means the off day after the 11th game that is for scheduling purposes. for most of us, its 3 open cycles till we get back to playing. i havent a damn clue what its there for, except maybe, to make people appreciate HD more. if it was non stop, no breaks, maybe that would get boring faster. throw a break in here or there, and people go, GIVE ME MORE!!

but yeah, i totally hate that in between day, too. its not like there is a significant difference there and i need to redo everything for conf play.
Yep, that's what I meant.  I'm in the 2 a day world for a reason. 
11/15/2012 1:04 PM
I think they just like to start every significant cycle of the season on an AM game.
11/15/2012 1:22 PM
I think I would play more if there were more 2-a-day worlds, because right now, as far as I'm concerned, there are only 3 worlds available to me...game a days are wayyyyyyyyyyyy to slow.
11/15/2012 1:47 PM
in my couple hundred pages of notes and designs for the basketball sim game im working on, there is a page dedicated for 4 a day worlds, in which users never have to log on more than once every 12 hours (except recruiting), and rarely more than once every 24 hours (2-3 times a season, i believe it was). its very possible, and im just not sure why WIS would not use a model like mine, but i would prefer not to spell it out for them, not that they would ever listen (if they listened, id never have retired in place, and never would have started a project to create a better product). my 2/day world design NEVER ever forces a user to sign in more than once per day, except in recruiting. although ironically, my 1/day world makes you sign in twice per day, all the time.... (just kidding on that last part)
11/15/2012 2:02 PM
I dont think the existing worlds are well enough populated to add one - need major Fox push of this product before that can happen

years ago I suggested a super hyper marathon  world where one time only an entire season gets played in a three day weekend - recruiting cycles every hour, a couple of hours off to set rosters, then games every hour until you get to postseason where each cycle is two hours....
11/15/2012 2:09 PM
How much money do you think you'd have to pay them to start up a world, perhaps a sponsored world...$10K? $25K? $50K? $100K? +?
11/15/2012 2:42 PM
I used to think the 1 a day world was slow but I joined a couple and it seemed to keep me busy mixed in with the three (2 a day) worlds.
11/15/2012 2:46 PM
◂ Prev 12
3-a-day world... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.