I am not committing to an additional season... but I'll throw my 2 cents into the discussion. I enjoyed playing in these two leagues, but I suspect that the theme is played out for me. It's pretty obvious how to field a playoff team, and the rest is just execution.
What makes this league interesting to me
- Very active forum because people are involved with their team
- You constantly need to adjust your roster due to fatigue
- Teams struggling in the beginning of the season get look forward to AAA day
- Pick your own AAA is fun, you can design your team around what you know is coming up.
- The small cap means that every team has some weakness... You can't have every pitcher with a WHIP below 1.0 and every hitter with OBP over .400.
- Small cap means that players are more likely to approach RL stats, lots of unusual players on leader boards.
What makes the league less fun to me
- Player repetition
- struggle to fill
So to keep me interested, the league would have to have:
- Low cap ($80m or less)
- Some pick your own AAA, and some time to wait for them
- Reason to platoon (PA limit, salary cap per player limit, whatever)
- Some kind of shake up so we pick a bunch of different players next season
Otherwise, it's just a regular league.
Some suggestions / tweaks. By no means do I suggest all of these, just throwing some suggestions out there.
- Let your AAA players come up a different times based upon team W/L or team salary
- : $80 league cap. $79-80m team, no AAA for you. For each $2m you drop, you get to bring up one AAA player (76-78m = 1, 74-76=2, etc)
- When you can bring them up is set by a loss threshold: You can't bring them up until you have lost 45 games. Or you can bring one player up for every 15 losses you have after the first 30, or ..... Your imagination.
- Blacklist. Everyone nominates one pitcher and one hitter.
- Change criteria for pitchers... Get everyone more involved. Min 75IP, max 175IP. Make people juggle their rotation a bit.
Good luck with whatevery you decide. I do like the idea of variariable AAA, but that would be a bear to administer.