The idea would be that as you commit to the league, you would designate your 20 tear period. this woud be exclusive to you, but tjere will have to be some overlap. I think if we used this system, a black list would be overkill. You could, if we choose to go this route as well, choose an exclusive player and ball park from within your time span, so that no one elsecould use that player or ball park...if we choose to add such things.
   I want to emphasize, there are some minor quibbles I have about the way we are doing things now, but I am perfectly willing to go the same route as last year. I am suggesting ideas that I think may make things better, but if they get voted down, OK. I am here for you. What everyone tells me they want, that's what we'll have. If these changes are too radical, but anyone can suggest some minor tweaks that they think would improve things, we can talk about it, and if it gets voted in, OK.
   At this point, it seems $70m cap and 20 year time span are getting the votes. I would welcome any comments on this. I have experimented with this setup, and it works well.

11/22/2012 11:21 AM (edited)
Innings

Votes: 7
(Last vote received: 11/25/2012 4:39 AM)
11/22/2012 11:23 AM
IMO, I don't think 250 IP is a platoon. That's a good year in RL. 200 IP is more platoon like (or 3rd/4th starter in RL). I like the low cap and exclusive 20 year era's. Kind of hope the blacklist idea gets voted for too. But I will be putting in a team regardless of which tweeks get chosen. I really like this league.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
11/22/2012 1:25 PM
50/200? Of the options listed, I would have voted for 60/225...
11/22/2012 2:12 PM
My advice, you're never going to please everybody entirely, so just create the league you like that fits within the parameters of what you're wanting to achieve and then go from there. If people don't like some of the rules they either will suck it up and play anyway because they enjoy the league and the parameters, or they won't play this go-around.

For myself, the more it resembles the original goal of platoons and low caps the more likely I am to play....

blacklists, no blacklists, AAA, no AAA, staggered AAA, different eras, etc... these are all secondary to me and likely won't sway me one way or the other, but if it doesn't play like a platoon league or like a low cap league then I'm more likely to pass.
11/23/2012 1:16 AM
I am going to create the league this weekend. Here is what I plan. 70m cap, 20 year period of the managers choosing. Same PA and IP restrictions as last year, same performance restrictions as last year. AAA will be 6/2 average, you may call them at individual 12 loss increments. So whoever gets to 12 losses first gets to call up a AAA player. Ultimately, max of 4, any combination you'd like. Then as each of us reach 12 loss milestones, we get to call  a AAA player up. Once you get one up you may send him down and exchange him for another AAA player, but you cannot have 2 up until you reach 24 losses, 3 T 36 losses, etc. No trades, no clones, no WW. Everything must come from your 20 year period, including your ball park. Transaction deadline will be in place, no ML salary cap. My only source of doubt is the AAA. Allow how many to stay at the transaction deadline? All? 
11/23/2012 3:44 AM
I ready to roll with a team. I like the loss incremental system. AAA players from 20 year period as well? I glad you didn't blacklist, because with that you would still get duplication of players, but of lesser quality.
11/25/2012 4:44 AM
allright, how do i get a team in this private league? and how do i know which years are taken? My first choice is 90s and 00's but i'll also take 80's and 90's. third choice is 70's and 80's.
11/26/2012 6:31 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.