How realistic is it that a kid promised a Fr start, starts the first 3 games and then because of the Offensive formations we faced doesn't start game 4, drops 29 in WE and you know he is ruined for the next four years. Can somebody re-look the reality that he may eventually recover from one missed start? I hate to go from a kid good enough to offer a Fr start to one you may as well kick off the team at the end of the season because his WE will never get above 25 or 30 and he will improve at a much slower rate than the average player you can pick up in his place.  All over 1 game.  Seems a bit extreme. 
11/15/2012 7:45 PM
He will gain all of that back but about 5 or 6 pts if you get him the starts again. 1 game to miss is a little harsh - but the game has it programmed that some aren't as tolerant of missing starts. Some may give you 3 or 4 before spouting off.
11/15/2012 7:49 PM
I was surprised to not get some kind of warning from the kid.  I was really surprised that he didn't get the start.  It almost had to be the perfect storm of offensive formations that kept him from starting.

11/15/2012 9:29 PM
You gotta be careful offering starts to the defense for just that reason.
11/15/2012 10:09 PM
I am not sure I follow, if your Base Def. is a 4-4 and you play a team where your Def. settings (not base Def. setting) changes to Trips,  that start I believe is based on the "Base Def." not the "Def. Settings".   However!  playing time is a whole new ball game when it comes to promise playing times for Def players and that gets tricky
11/16/2012 10:07 AM
I've always found if I give starts to the players I promised them to then I don't have any problems.  Same story with playing time.
11/16/2012 1:10 PM
I'm kinda shocked he dropped out of nowhere as well...  usually you get one mulligan (oops wrong formation).    You get back all but about 5 (which if he is starting the whole time should just mean that his WE change will be about net zero for the season since WE goes up about 5 each season for starting.
11/16/2012 1:53 PM
The player in question has to be a starter on the depth chart, and has to play at least one down in the first half. If Trips is your base D, and the guy in question is your 3rd CB, and he doesn't see the field in the first half, he doesn't get credit for the start.
11/16/2012 4:37 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.