We need about ten new leagues please... Topic

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but openings aren't to be found lately unless you contact private worlds. When leagues hit the public board they are filling in less than a day. This has been going on for the last week or so.

My suggestion is ten more leagues, maybe 20. That way we can all whine about not being able to fill our worlds again in a few months.

Worlds filling fast is not part of HBD and I think we need to move back to the status quo of worlds taking 30 days or more to fill.

I can't handle these changes. They are very disruptive to my system of cherry picking bad teams with low payrolls/good minors and tyring to rebuild them in one season. I need my fix.

Actually, I'm glad to see that worlds are filling faster. It really gets annoying to wait forever. I don't really care if leagues are private or public. I just want to play. So I guess that I should say...despite my sarcasm...thanks WIS. Keep it up though, we need this situation to be the rule and not the exception.

11/15/2012 8:34 PM
What about when it comes to re-new and it's as much as 24.95 to keep playing, instead of the 4.95 it was when you created an alias?  I bet we'll be back to the 30+ day waits shortly. 
11/15/2012 8:36 PM
O man I didn't think of that. Good point. I wish I would have used some aliases. LOL
11/15/2012 8:42 PM
And btw, all the new owners, and aliases are joining the public worlds as they open up. I have a hunch the private worlds aren't filling so fast.
11/15/2012 10:05 PM
Yeah the private worlds aren't filling. I left one world. I think a month later they still have 6 openings. I think when the dust cleared they started with 14 or so. It's a good world but they had to do some reorganization. If I was in one of the private worlds waiting to fill I'd be all over the commish to go public right now. But I'm not a fan of private leagues. Seems like the rules don't get enforced all the time because everyone feels bad for some guy who's been there ten seasons but suddenly can't hit the win requirements. I am a firm believer in no vote...just a boot.
11/16/2012 2:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Private worlds have been sitting right around 80-90 openings for quite awhile now. Every time a league fills, there are more openings right behind it. 

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in February when the 4.95 seasons run out. My guess.. its gets ugly. But who knows.
11/16/2012 9:02 AM
World ends in December.   If Obama doesn't kill it before then.
11/16/2012 9:06 AM
Capra filled in about 5 days.
11/17/2012 2:02 AM
I think it depends on the commish. As much as I hate to give Mike props, he's in good control of Cooperstown. I've also been in Puckett and Upper Deck long term with ACEROTHSTEIN and he works quickly to fill openings. I've never waited longer than a week for a world to fill.
11/17/2012 6:55 PM
Sometime you can work your tail off, and people don't join.  I mean, what else can you do besides keeping your forum ad at the top in the classifieds and sending out invites?   It's nice to be in an "elite" world, but it's not easy to get a world that isn't considered elite to fill these days.  I've just taken over "Banks" world, and renamed it, and made up a theme for it, but it's hard to get people to join.  I know that I'm a good commish - I always have the open spots accounted for in Yastrzemski before the season ends, we don't have world chat flame wars, or tanking or collusion there, and I think I can take some credit for that.  But I am having a dickens of a time getting this other world filled.
11/17/2012 8:38 PM
+1
11/18/2012 12:17 AM
Deandg, just join National Hardball League already.
11/19/2012 12:41 AM
what is the difference between a public and private world?
11/19/2012 12:31 PM
Gatekeepers.
11/19/2012 12:39 PM
12 Next ▸
We need about ten new leagues please... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.