Does the whole " 6 win minimum req for bowl eligibility" come in to play for D-I of is it all ranking and SOS?
11/17/2012 6:42 PM
Posted by jacore5 on 11/17/2012 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Does the whole " 6 win minimum req for bowl eligibility" come in to play for D-I of is it all ranking and SOS?
There are 28 bowl games plus the WIS Championship game: onference champions, regardless of the number of wins, the #1 and #2 WIS ranked teams, and the remaining 46 highest WIS ranked teams with 7 or more wins are bowl eligible.  If there aren't enough 7 win teams, the highest ranked 6 win teams become bowl eligible.
11/17/2012 7:55 PM
It is entirely based on WIS ranking... I was 11-2 with Eastern Michigan (played an awful schedule) and missed a bowl game as I was at 62.  Lucky me, we had the one season where noone above me had less than 7.  
11/17/2012 9:35 PM
This has always been an issue if your undefeated you should be in the top 25 in the WIS rankings...To many times guys (mid majors) work their butts off to put together a big season and aren't rewarded.
11/18/2012 12:13 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.