Redshirting Jr's and Sr's.
Just noticed a 2nd team in DIII Heisman (in past 4 seasons) where a team did this. WIS should set it that Jr players that are redshirted lose 20 ratings points in each category across the board to prevent this. And for Sr's that are redshirted, they lose 30 points in every category. It's pathetic someone feels the need to load up on fifth year Sr's on a roster (7 on this seasons team, 9 on other team).
11/18/2012 12:09 AM (edited)
They do lose work ethic so it could balance out but they could also leave the team so its  a risk...
11/18/2012 12:11 AM
Why would we encourage WIS to remove coaching options?  We should have the freedom to RS anyone on the roster with the associated WE & departure risk.  Maybe the departure risk should be greater, but it would be silly if players suddenly became worse skill-wise when RS.
11/18/2012 1:29 AM
I look at RS Jr as the closest thing to Juco that we have.  RS a SR is dumb and risky in my opinion.  JRs have their WE cut in half, and SRs usually lose 3/4 of it.  
11/18/2012 5:34 AM
Additionally... you can get to 6 RS SR just by FR and SO redshirting... does one more guy really mean the team is "loading up"?
11/18/2012 5:35 AM
I redshirt JR And SR whenever I take over a team to balance out the classes. I took over Auburn this season and redshirted a SR RB because all I had were 3 SR. Sure his WE took a major hit but now I got a starter for next season.
11/18/2012 7:35 AM
It's bush league. Considering what goes on in HBD, I guess I shouldn't be surprised with this.
Tells me some people can't recruit properly (meaning get the talent to get to the NC so you resort to this), so you game the system to stack a certain year.
11/18/2012 8:48 AM
Boo hoo.
11/18/2012 11:08 AM
I guess I dont see a problem with redshirting whoever you want to.  If giving a RS to a junior gets you to a NC game and you win a NC, more power to you.  There is some downside with the big WE drop and the risk the player doesnt come back.  But if he does and helps you win, good deal.
11/18/2012 11:23 AM
No problem with redshirting any time, especially since there is a penalty incorporated.  Some players may actually prefer to be redshirted if they will not play.  Why would their skills take a big hit anyway?  The attitude may suffer, but the skills won't. 
11/18/2012 11:56 AM
Steelers would also seem to have issue with people who have giant classes then...  its how the game is played.  Heck, you're undefeated on the season... not sure where the complaining is coming from.  How dare you RS three people a season steeler... scandalous.
11/18/2012 12:22 PM
I'll RS a junior to balance out a class. like if I have 2 JR QBs and want to keep one for the next season as a FR develops.
11/18/2012 9:28 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.