JUCO/Considering Topic

11/19
4:59 AM
indiansrck27   I know if a guy goes JUCO and you signed him he will consider you at the start of recruiting the following season. But what about guys you spent say between 1k-2k on that never considered you and they went JUCO, every something like that, would they ...
11/19
4:59 AM
indiansrck27   ...consider you? I have 3 Intl players I spent 1-2k on scouting them they all went juco and I dont want them to consider me next recruiting cause I dont really want people to think I over extended myself and appear weak recruiting.

DDid not feel like re typing that out, so could anyone answer this question for me?

11/19/2012 9:11 AM
I am not sure if they would consider you next season without some effort (perhaps just letters), but a simple "plan to redshirt" action would scare them off.
11/19/2012 9:58 AM
They almost certainly will not be considering you if they were not considering by the close of recruiting last cycle. However, you do keep some of the recruiting credit from the previous recruiting cycle.  If you click on the history tab you'll see the scouting trips and phone calls, or whatever effort you made listed.  I don't know if you get full recruiting value from the previous cycle (I doubt it), but you aren't at a zero base either
11/19/2012 1:43 PM
Many coaches believe you get 25% credit for your recruiting efforts but I've not seen that officially stated.
11/19/2012 1:59 PM
if they weren't considering you before I think it is very unlikely they would start off considering you next season...
11/19/2012 2:07 PM
thanks guys! glad to hear that
11/19/2012 2:22 PM
I just had a Juco in that position - he wasn't considering me at the start of recruiting, but started to consider me the next day with no new effort on my part.  A simple redshirt notice got rid of him though.
11/20/2012 5:35 PM
JUCO/Considering Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.