The 2012 Icon Regressive seems to have stalled out so I am going to see if this has any more interest.  I thought about starting in 1885 but there are only eight franchises from 1885 that continue on to present day and we need at least 12 to make a league. If we started in 1901 that is the first season of the American League so we have 16 teams that we can pick from.

This will be a 12 team league (2 six team divisions) and in order to make it a bit more fair to the lesser teams I am going to say that players are eligible for any team they played for. So the only keepers are the players who played their entire career with one team and everyone else is fair game. Obviously there might be some keepers due to the fact that there will be four defunct teams. These players can be placed on IR if they did not play for your team in that season (your choice.)

Initial draft will be in inverse order of real life wins over the first 10 seasons of this league.

Interested:
National League
Cincinnati Reds - crazyjoe02
Pittsburgh Pirates - coled

American League
Cleveland Indians - ljemd
New York Yankees - nukelaloosh

interested but no team decided
epup1975

Wins by team from 1901-1910
Washington Senators 546
Boston Beaneaters (Braves) 574
St. Louis Cardinals 578
Brookyln Superbas (Dodgers) 631
Milwaukee Brewers (St. Louis Browns) 646
Philadelphia Phillies 712
Cincinnati Reds 718
Baltimore Orioles (Yankees) 729
Cleveland Blues 768
Detroit Tigers 769
Boston Americans (Red Sox) 772
Chicago White Sox 812
Philadelphia Athletics 836
New York Giants 854
Chicago Orphans (Cubs) 918
Pittsburgh Pirates 945
11/19/2012 8:18 PM
Only need 7 more to start. Still good teams available
11/23/2012 7:48 PM
I'll also take an AL team but wait until more people have picked
11/25/2012 2:30 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.