Career League Question Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
How about 100 million for 100 years 1900-1999 Franchise of the Century!
11/20/2012 11:58 AM
I like that idea a lot
11/20/2012 8:23 PM

The problem with a 100  million limit is that it gives some teams too large an advantage, I think.  I just put a Pirates team together with their best players at every position, and couldn't spend that much without having a bunch of regulars on the bench.  You can easily spend that much on teams like the yankees and cardinals, but the values in career leagues are  much lower than they are in the single seasons.  I think this is as it should be.  Let me suggest a 90 million limit; that's what it cost to put together a pretty good pirates team.  The pitching was a little over 40 million with 5 deadball era starters with low whips and hr/ip. 

11/20/2012 9:15 PM
I haven't messed with career leagues so I don't know the salary scale. I've been waiting for a Jeff Davis League  No Yankees allowed LOL
11/21/2012 1:37 PM
How about 3 divisions of 5 teams each, with no yankees :)
11/21/2012 6:52 PM
Career League Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.