Waiver Wire Rule 5 question Topic

Background:  League has been through the Rule 5 Draft and is about to start regular season.  There are a couple guys on the waiver wire who might be worth taking a flier on for AA / AAA duty.  They are currently 'green diamond' rule 5 guys.  If I were to claim one, would I have to keep him on the ML roster since I didn't select him in the rule 5 draft?  Can I assign him anywere?

Sorry for the heading just realized I spelled it incorrectly and now can't go back and change the heading only edit the text.

Thanks.

11/21/2012 8:31 AM

BL only.

And you can change the heading with the little downward facing arrow next to the title.

11/21/2012 8:34 AM
You would have to put him on your ML roster.  To get him back to your minor leagues, you would have to immediately offer him back again and hope no one else picks him up.
11/21/2012 8:34 AM
Thanks guys.  Neither player I saw was worth p.i.s.s.i.n.g. off one of my big leaguers for a quick demotion.
11/21/2012 8:35 AM
Also mike thanks for pointing out the correction for the topic.
11/21/2012 8:36 AM
Waiver Wire Rule 5 question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.