OT: Liver Transplant Fundraising Topic

I try to keep my personal life and my GD life completely separate.  In GD, I am a "highly successful college football coach".  LOL

In real life, I have issues like most folks do.  In this case, my wife has a liver disease that is going to require her to have a transplant.  I won't go into the details here, as they can be found by going to the link below.

We have just started fundraising for her medical costs (both for the transplant and for the ongoing medications that will be required).

If any of you (or your friends, neighbors, countrymen, etc, etc, etc) wish to contribute financially, we would certainly appreciate it.

The link for information and donations is:

gogetfunding.com/project/liver-for-amy
11/23/2012 10:28 AM
Go to guidestar.com, set up a free account.  You can search public charities and private foundations, as recognized by the IRS.  The primary purpose is to make public the tax returns and general info of registered charities and private foundations - part of the price of being tax-exempt is the transparency of their tax returns (information returns, more or less) being subject to public inspection.  A tax-exempt entity can't ask for public donations, or be allowed to be tax-exempt, if the public can't be sure they are what they say they are. 

If you search for words like "liver", you may find some private foundations that are set up to help those needing liver transplants, or have health problems related to their liver.  For example, someone who dies of liver disease may leave a will that designates part or all of their estate go to setting up a foundation that helps with liver transplants.  Look at the 990-type return, it should state their purpose, which has to be specific to a degree, such as helping people in a certain state that need liver transplants, or such.  You can start by searching for those set up in your state.  If you find some that may help someone in your situation, it doesn't cost much to contact them.  Address and phone number should be in general info, or listed on the 990 return. 

Sitemail me if you have any questions.
11/23/2012 1:23 PM
Thanks champ.  That is all new to me/us.  We are just starting our fund raising efforts.
11/23/2012 4:02 PM
harris site mail me and we'll see if we can come up with something.
11/23/2012 9:45 PM
Harris, I will keep you and your wife in my prayers. I believe God will provide; love ya man. Stay safe.
11/24/2012 11:36 AM
Thanks C
11/24/2012 12:52 PM
harriswb3, I'm very sorry to hear that your wife has to go through this.  You've supported me quite a bit over the past couple years, so I figure I can do the same for you.  I hope everything works out okay.
11/25/2012 1:13 AM

Just checking in.  Really thought this thread was for Polabonz.

11/25/2012 3:58 AM
OT: Liver Transplant Fundraising Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.