Single-Game Records and General Curiosity Topic

With the recent excitement surrounding Jack Taylor's 138-point game, I've been wondering what the most points scored by a single player in HD is.  I know I've seen games with players scoring in the 70's and I think possibly even in the 80's, but I'm still not 100% sure if anyone has ever quite scored that high or if anyone has seen a player score higher.

But also with all of this in mind, I've always wondered why HD only holds career records.  Why not hold season records and single-game records as well?  It'd be interesting to see who holds the single-game record for points, assists, steals, rebounds, blocks, etc. across worlds and divisions and maybe even on a team-by-team basis.  I have a feeling this has probably been suggested before, but does anyone else agree that it's something that would be really neat to have and doesn't seem like it's too much to ask for?

11/25/2012 2:52 PM
Seems like we could start a big post.  Like the one cornfused runs for RPI.
11/25/2012 7:08 PM
I keep them for all my teams.  My single player records through 30 seasons are: 10 3pt's, 22 rebs, 12 asts, 6 steals, 6 blocks, and 47 pts.  I'm sure all of those have been beat by others.
11/25/2012 7:38 PM
I know I had a 12 block game by a player once
11/25/2012 8:40 PM
I remember the good ole days for my D2 and D3 teams when I would have loaded teams and play some crappy sim AI and just let my best player take all the shots and he'd end up with 50+. Don't remember the exact amount but I'm, pretty sure I've never had anybody go over 60, quite a few 50s though. 
11/26/2012 11:20 AM
i think its a good idea. bing used to run teams where his starting sg would put up about 40 ppg, and his backup sg about 25ppg. im sure there were some games they had pretty crazy individual stats.
11/26/2012 1:29 PM
Single-Game Records and General Curiosity Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.