D3 Naismith Opening - George Fox Topic

A pretty tremendous team just opened up in my conf. George Fox has been built into a contender by ethan and is returning one of the best D3 players in Naismith.

Here is the team, have a look, would love to have someone take it:

http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=2854
11/25/2012 10:15 PM
Pretty fun conference too. #4 in RPI last season and got seven teams into the postseason. Ethan has done a great job with GF, would be a shame to let it go Sim. 
11/25/2012 10:24 PM
Thanks, guys. I agree, it would be a shame to let it go Sim. Hopefully a coach can jump in and pick up the recruiting a bit because I think GF is placed to be a national contender with the right management. GF is coming off a Sweet 16 appearance, and PG Townsend was recruited with tons of high/high that's now paying off.

Hated to let it go, but just didn't have my heart in it any more.
11/25/2012 11:29 PM (edited)
I've been thinking about joining Naismith- was looking at the Capital or Freedom, but they don't often have openings. I do like the idea of picking up after ethan, I think I helped mentor him some, so there's a connection there...if nothing is available in the Freedom or Cap I think I'll go for GF...
11/25/2012 11:41 PM
Yep, Dac, you were one of my key mentors when I first started out. Your advice got me pointed in the right direction. Advice from guys like you took me from 4-23 my second season at Abilene Christian/Smith to the D2 national title last season. (Ok, and a buttload of luck, too - no way I thought that team was NC material).

Northwest is really a nice and active group of guys -- and I would feel pretty happy knowing that you'd taken over my team.

I'm also sure you can beat my recruiting efforts. I've had a few decent hits but my temperament isn't well suited for D3 recruiting. I'm too twitchy :)
11/25/2012 11:48 PM
dac, we've got an opening in Capital right now... Chestnut Hill. Needs a little TLC, but has been human-run for a long time. Come get some!
11/26/2012 9:39 AM
Chestnut Hill still available. New coach signups are right now. Awesome opportunity.
11/28/2012 10:31 PM
GF is taken, but there are still three spots in the Northwest. #4 RPI conference last year. lots of extra recruiting cash. 
11/28/2012 10:44 PM
Not as much as the CAC: $7800 each. great stuff.
11/28/2012 11:33 PM
Okay, yeah, we don't have that much. But around $4000 each isn't too shabby. 
11/28/2012 11:38 PM
D3 Naismith Opening - George Fox Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.