Non-shooting fouls at the buzzer Topic

Does it seem like there's a disproportionately high number of these? Or did I just have bad luck last night. I had two teams in tie games with under ten seconds to go. In both cases, the other team had the ball. In one case, I hacked the other team with 3 seconds left (not sure if "hacked" implies shooting or non-shooting). They made one FT, game over. In the other case, I fouled the other team ON THE FLOOR with 00:00 showing on the scoreboard. They made the FTs, game over. 

Is there some way to get my guys to cool it on the fouls in crunch time, or is it just dumb luck? And can the Sim engine get some different refs in here? Apparently the guys who did the Pitt/Butler game from two years ago call all my games. 

Just wondering if anyone else had noticed this happening irritatingly often or whether I just had an anomalous run of bad luck last night. 
11/27/2012 10:41 AM
this has happend to me a lot and has cost me many games.
11/27/2012 3:20 PM
Is it something where we could see a tweak to the engine to make it more realistic, or is it more in the annoying fact of life stage? I'm guessing the latter. 
11/27/2012 3:55 PM
I believe the engine simulates the score/stats, and then posts a play-by-play to accurately show all of the stats and such that happened. So I don't believe that the 'fouls' at the end of games effect the outcome of your team, seeing as they would have lost anyway.

However, it is the worst feeling when the you see your up 1 with five seconds and lose because your best defensive player committed a shooting foul.. I know all too much about that one
11/27/2012 4:35 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 11/27/2012 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Is it something where we could see a tweak to the engine to make it more realistic, or is it more in the annoying fact of life stage? I'm guessing the latter. 
you would be right.
11/27/2012 4:38 PM
Non-shooting fouls at the buzzer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.