Schilling talks HOF Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 11/30/2012 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Schilling is a tool.

That aside . . . good pitcher.  Not a HOFer.
If he is not a hall of famer, you should chainlock the door!!
12/1/2012 5:17 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/30/2012 12:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/29/2012 8:50:00 PM (view original):
Schilling is a close one.  If PEDs had never been an issue I'm not sure he'd get in, but his postseason stats might carry him.  PEDs are probably helping him since he was never associated with them.  Sure looked like a guy that could have been using, but it's never been said loudly.  You've heard a few whispers, but nothing overt.  Of course, Bagwell got an embarrassingly low number of votes just for being a power guy during the steroid era, so I guess it could go either way.
I think, regardless of PEDs, Schilling should be in. He's a notch below Maddux, Clemens, and Randy Johnson, but those guys are inner circle Hall of Famers. He certainly has a better case than Jack Morris.
Jack Morris should go in based on Game 7 1991 alone!
12/1/2012 9:27 AM
I wouldn't vote for someone I knew used PEDs. The real problem here is the ASSUMPTION that all these guys used.

I cannot stand Bonds - have always hated him, and I'm confident he used. But I would vote for him if I had a ballot. Why? Because it has never been proven that he knowingly took a banned substance - and considering all the witch hunts, that's saying something. I'd also vote for Sosa.

Then you have guys who used Andro and other stuff that wasn't illegal when they played. You can't hold that against them now that it's banned if they didn't break any rules at the time they were using.

Bottom line: Speculation isn't enough. If you can't present 100%, conclusive proof a guy used, he should get a vote.
12/3/2012 8:00 PM
◂ Prev 12
Schilling talks HOF Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.