Great Team Available Tonight - Phatboy4 Retires Topic

Columbia is coming available tonight in Camp 1AA. It would be a shame to see the team go Sim as my good buddy Phatboy4 (who I am sure won't talk himself up, so I will do it for him) retires after 24 seasons, 349 wins, 15 Ivy League Championships, and 4 National Championships. In the 70's (seasons 70-80) we were part of the Big Three in Camp 1AA of stingray002, phatboy4, and to a much lesser extent myself. Every National Championship game for those 11 years had at least one of our teams (Richmond, Columbia, Delaware) in the game and we combined for 31 top tens out of a possible 33. I hope that a great coach that is looking to keep Columbia up and not just mooch them for a quick move to 1A will take them over and treat them well.

And to Phatboy4, who I have played this game with for several years now going back to our D3 years together, enjoy your "retirement" bud, haha. It was a lot of fun learning the game together and facing off over the years, so thanks for the competition and comradery.
11/30/2012 9:42 PM
I was interested in mooching them but can always look elsewhere.  Hopefully that would be better than going sim, which I doubt they would anyway.
11/30/2012 10:35 PM (edited)
Haha. Mooching is definitely better than going Sim, just my way of saying that I hope the next coach actually recruits and tries to win there because I've seen teams where a guy comes in and does nothing but wins off the last guys recruits just enough to move up to 1A the next season. I wouldn't be worried about that from you though Oz, haha.
11/30/2012 11:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words superman! You left out one very telling stat though, Columbia's win/loss against Delaware and Richmond was less than impressive......
12/1/2012 1:51 AM
Hey, it was 1-0 against me and 3-1 against Richmond in the one game that matters at the end, haha.
12/1/2012 11:23 AM
No job changes since midnight.  That seems a little odd.
12/1/2012 3:42 PM
Yeah, it was weird, the first three cycles Columbia didn't even show up on the available jobs list despite Phatboy not being shown as the coach there anymore. I was watching to see who grabbed it, but it took a while to appear.
12/1/2012 10:40 PM
Great Team Available Tonight - Phatboy4 Retires Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.