No Handed WR discussion. Topic

Can somebody send me a link to the thread(s) about the team with WR's with HND ratings in the 10's and 20's that won their NC game? I believe it was 2-3 months ago.

One of my conference mates never saw it, and I believe it was some good info.

Thanks.
12/2/2012 9:30 AM
I beleive it was rwilcox5 who used to coach at Central Oklahoma-d2 in Bryant world. (He is now coaching at Brown-1aa)
12/2/2012 4:20 PM
I don't know about that thread, but I can confirm that I do not consider HND for WR. SPD and ELU are all that matter. HND does seem to matter for TE, though.
12/3/2012 11:03 PM
Interesting....I notice your receivers drop a lot of balls though.
12/5/2012 8:28 PM (edited)
I'll bet that their balls aren't the only things that they drop let a lone grasp.
12/5/2012 9:11 PM
Like rwilcox, I only value ELU and SPD, in that order, and don't look at hands.  On the Fithchburg team I just let go, my top 4 recievers last season were targeted 329 times with only 3 total drops between them and over 3 seasons together, they were thrown to 927 times with a total of 16 drops, so figure 5.3 drops per season on average between 4 recievers... 1.3 drops per season / per receiver...  Granted, their HND ratings weren't as low as 10's or 20's, but after seeing a lot of discussion here a few months back regarding hands not mattering, I tried it out and found no ill effects by not looking at hands.
12/6/2012 8:14 AM
I saw players on rwilcox team that were droppin 5-8 passes per season.    When you have a receiver with 90 hands.(I only have div 1 teams) I notice they tend to drop 0-1 pass per season. 

I guess it could be a decent strategy as you can get big playmakers for fairly cheap. Something to think about.

12/6/2012 11:26 AM
Do you guys pay much attention to Tech?  I've noticed when I had teams with WR's with low Tech, my QB's tended to throw more INT's....I'm guessing from bad routes.  Anyone have any thoughts for/against that?  Maybe it was just random.
12/6/2012 3:09 PM
I have no proof.....but I always look at Tech.
12/6/2012 3:35 PM
I value TCH, but that's just the old-school in me.

I also still value HND, even though it apparently doesn't matter anymore.
12/6/2012 3:38 PM
I think it was back in the late spring or early summer, somebody was po'd about losing to at team with a WR who had low hands and a monster game against him.
12/6/2012 5:57 PM
No Handed WR discussion. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.