i actually think its not as difficult with the massive population shed by d1. if you filled those 4-5 mid major conferences, which effectively would restore d1 population to where it was before seble changed d1 recruit generation - i feel like the competition for the competent recruits would really pick up. i think there would be more mid majors making the NT on the low end - but i think it would get harder and harder for an individual mid major to win a title or make a final 4. you'd probably get someone, with ALL those mid majors - but they'd probably be a really good coach ANY incredibly lucky with which bcs schools were around them (all of them being down bcs schools, i would guess). when you look at the talent on the top 20 teams, its just really hard for a mid major to compete with that, and if you add 50 mid majors, i think that only gets harder.
12/3/2012 12:44 PM
As I've said since the recruit generation changes, there need to be more guys that start in the high 500's but by the time they are seniors finish in the 800's.  Much more realistic.
Agree 100 percent, +1, this is a fantastic idea.
12/3/2012 1:26 PM
Posted by bistiza on 12/3/2012 1:26:00 PM (view original):
As I've said since the recruit generation changes, there need to be more guys that start in the high 500's but by the time they are seniors finish in the 800's.  Much more realistic.
Agree 100 percent, +1, this is a fantastic idea.
And DII coaches would love this too.  There are plenty of high 500 guys out there with a lot of high-high potential, this would be an incredible crap shoot for a mid-major team to take a chance on.  Sure, they could end up over 800 if the high-highs go nuts, but some would still end up barely reaching a 700 and be a huge disappointment for a DI team trying to compete at the nt level of play.  There is no way to know which will get 50 or more out of their high-highs and which will get 28-30.  Just sounds very risky to me.  I think what this would do is increase the number of 800+ DII players. 
12/3/2012 4:08 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.