Prestige question Topic

Anyone ever figure out nt versus pi?

Such as: how far in the pi do you have to go to equal an nt bid. Or what does a pi final four equal in the nt?
12/3/2012 3:07 PM
I just took over Grinnell in Wooden DIII.  They were a B+ prestige last season and they won the PI.  Now there prestige is a B (That is before I took over the team, so my lousy coaching is not reflected in the new prestige)  Getting into the NT is better for prestige than winning the PI
12/3/2012 3:59 PM
Posted by milwood on 12/3/2012 3:59:00 PM (view original):
I just took over Grinnell in Wooden DIII.  They were a B+ prestige last season and they won the PI.  Now there prestige is a B (That is before I took over the team, so my lousy coaching is not reflected in the new prestige)  Getting into the NT is better for prestige than winning the PI
i really dont follow how you draw your conclusion from this example.

i believe that winning the PIT is a little better than losing in the first round of the NT, while a PI f4 is probably just slightly worse than a NT rd1 loss.
12/3/2012 7:27 PM
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=13117

Bowie St. season 44 went from a B- to a B+ on a first round ousting in the NT.  After that they were in the NT for the next 4 years and lost in the first round each time.  They stayed at a B+.  I believe they were slightly gaining prestige from the first round exit because in season 49 they once again lost in the first round of the NT, but their prestige went up to an A-.

In my example above the team was also a B+ prestige, but dropped to a B in a season in which it won the PI.  I understand that there are more factors involved, like regular season win/loss record

I know the limited sample size proves very little. Bowie state lost in the first round of the NT and gained prestige starting with a B- prestige.  Grinnell starting with a B+ prestige, won the PI and then was a B prestige.  Bowie state improved, Grinnell declined.

I know you have a ton more experience than I do and I am probably wrong (Which is really the only reason I ever post, so I can improve my judgements), but why do you think it is better to win the PI

Oh, and sorry LLama for using your first round exits as an example.  I couldn't think of anyone that might have more experience than you
12/3/2012 8:10 PM
I just can't believe I screwed up the streak in season 51.  What the hell happened there?
12/4/2012 10:03 AM
Prestige question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.