Why are teams with losing records ranked so high? Topic

I understand that strength of schedule carries a lot of weight in rankings.  Michigan St. has the #2 ranked most difficult schedule in the Dobie league this season.  The Spartans are currently 1-9 on the season but are still ranked in the top 50.  This only proves that they are good at losing to great teams.  Why are teams with really bad records still ranked high?  I know this is a computer program generating the rankings based off statistics but this is a flaw that needs to be fixed.
12/3/2012 3:22 PM
It is a pain but helps out lower level guys because now access goes further down the list...  which... helps out the soft scheduling 8-5 teams so it works out in the end.  Its dumb but it doesn't really effect the end result.  Now if they were 5-4 and ranked top 10... major issues but I don't think I have seen that.
12/4/2012 10:40 AM
I've seen some losing record teams in the top 25 in DIA pretty late in the season and several 6-7 teams make bowls
12/4/2012 6:33 PM
Why are teams with losing records ranked so high? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.