this is ridiculous Topic

i spend 12k on recruiting, im in division 3, my prestige is B, and i get no one to even consider my school until the final hour of recruiting. I end up offering about 12 scholarships total and I get beaten out by SIMS and some other guys end up not even signing with anybody. Most of the guys i was recruiting wete Division 3 guys. how does WIS expect to keep returning owners if they keep sticking us with walkons?
12/4/2012 6:00 AM
Why are you recruiting 2 people from Texas if your school is in Maine? If you didn't exhaust your local talent pool before heading to Texas, I think that you could probably use your money more wisely by going for closer recruits who are more likely who sign with your school.
12/4/2012 8:10 AM
All the good local guys stiffed me.  The Texas guys were last hour desperation signings.
12/4/2012 8:18 AM
I'm no expert by any means, so don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you need someone to give you some serious recruiting pointers.

For starters, unless you had 12 open scholarships (which is odd but possible) then I'm not sure why you offered 12. It's a waste of $100 to offer unless you are serious about the player in question, at least in my opinion.

To beat Sims you must determine if it's worth it and if it is, you need to recruit just enough to get past the level they're at and then the guy is yours. Others can probably help more with this.

I agree you shouldn't be going that far away unless your local talent pool is completely gone, and its usually not (even if you think it is, there are usually some decent guys left by the last day).

The only reason guys ended up "not signing with anybody" is because no one put enough effort into them to get them to consider their school seriously. If you had given them enough effort (and probably spent your recruiting dollars more wisely), they'd have signed with you simply because there was no one else to sign with.

Run a search in the forums for recruiting and read some of the threads and get some advice from some of the better coaches (better than me and there are  many who are) and take the advice seriously. Put in some time, get some experience at it, and you should get better.
12/4/2012 8:27 AM
Thanks - I think you're right, I need some pointers on recruiting better - I'll take any advice out there. 
12/4/2012 8:50 AM
Start by reading aejones' guide to winning at D3:

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=453763&page=1

come back here, or post there, with specific questions. He knows what he's doing.
12/4/2012 9:21 AM
this is ridiculous Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.