OT: "Everybody wants to go to the big leagues." Topic

Here's a recent quote from Bre(n)t Bielema . . .

"If I didn't [want to go to the SEC], I wouldn't have made the move. Everybody wants to go to the big leagues." 

SO...what's your take on that? 

I feel strongly that Bret is...well, a moron. He was in the big (see: B1G) leagues already. We had won multiple conference championships, made it to three Rose Bowls, and coached (and subsequently lost) two of them. Any coach who has made it to the Granddaddy of the All shouldn't be making weak remarks like that. Especially one who got his break in the big leagues, played in the big leagues, and owes his career to the big leagues only to make it out like those were all "stepping stones" to the SEC. I don't think so . . . .      
12/6/2012 5:59 PM
Well I do agree that he was already in a pretty good position and a conf. that could some years from now be good but clearly right now the SEC is way better than the B1G (I attend Nebraska). So even with my bias I think that
12/6/2012 7:17 PM
Hookemhorns7, I agree that the SEC is the stronger conference. But, that doesn't mean that the B1G is a part of the big leagues. Just rubbed me the wrong way...     

12/6/2012 9:43 PM
OT: "Everybody wants to go to the big leagues." Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.