Rebounding 25
Defense 90
Shot Blocking 25
Low-post 40
Perimeter 45
Passing 25
Ball Handling 25
FT Shooting 70%

I figure he has to play to SF.  I know he will be  a special defender but di you think he'll be an efficient scorer?  I am worried about his ball handling being to low.
12/7/2012 8:54 AM
Does he need to be a scorer? Do you have other scorers on your team? What's your o and d?
12/7/2012 9:02 AM
Triangle- man

Everyone on my team can play Defense, granted this guy is a little better than most but  my perimeter defenders average 70/70/70.

Ideally, I would like him to be a secondary scorer.  If he goes 3-6 every game witha  couple of FT's I'd be a happy guy.
12/7/2012 9:04 AM
Ah. I was going to say that I've had good results for a guy like that in anything including a press. Just the steals and turnovers caused ....
12/7/2012 9:25 AM
TJ, my experience with a similar player is at DIII, so I'm not sure how it would work for DII, but the guy I had about the same BH and pass. His per was in the teens and his LP was about 50's. That guy was a stud scorer didn't turn it over nearly as much as I thought he would and drew tons of fouls. He was also very efficient and shot near 60%. He is still the highest % fg shooter on that team by about 4%. Probaby the first player I've ever had like that and he was surprisingly a very good scorer. I only wish I would have realized his scoring potential before the end of his sophomore season.  
12/7/2012 9:46 AM (edited)
Well, you might be seeing more of this guy ponch...
12/7/2012 9:47 AM
Yea I figured so when you said DII lol. Maybe I can hope it's not as effective at higher levels. Either way I only see you once a season.
12/7/2012 9:55 AM
That's the thing, the high ath and lp will put him at the line an awful lot, which can help make up for other flaws. Sometimes with a high enough ft rate it even makes up for a mediocre to bad fg%.
12/7/2012 11:39 AM
I've found that very high athleticism draws more fouls, as has been stated before.
12/7/2012 11:48 AM
What the hell is this guy? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.