penn state's success in WIS Topic

88 national championships.  

Assuming each of the 11 worlds has 70 seasons under their belt, that gives penn state a solid 10% chance of winning the natty any given season.  Those are pretty darn good odds over the test of time.  Can we turn the nob down in happy valley pleaaaase?
12/7/2012 4:59 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
PSU is just in a pretty ideal location and from my experience in a couple worlds not a lot of teams (non-elite) battle Penn too much which makes getting talent in there pretty easy. So add a good coach in there and its game over
12/7/2012 11:15 PM
yeah i mean it's pretty cozy living out there! =]
12/8/2012 12:20 AM
WIS has their recruit distribution set up in coordination with population rather than "where they are made"  

for example Maine has way more DIA recruits than IOWA in GD,  thats not even remotely true in the real world.  NYC is another example of over populated with recruits
12/8/2012 6:57 AM
Penn State is the only elite school in the northeast so they pretty much have the run of all recruits north of Virginia and east of Ohio.   That is a lot of options.   It is similar to why UNI is always great at DIAA  they have the best access to the northern planes states guys and when they are in a world where a few of the DIA teams are open they (and drake) can pretty much have any recruit from Iowa, Minnesota, S/N Dakota, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Wisconsin.   Huntington in DIII is always great because its the best situated for florida and SE recruits.   This is also why DII is a lot of fun because there aren't many schools that have extreme location advantages. 
12/8/2012 10:59 AM
all2matt thank you for that tidbit, did not know that was how recruit distribution worked.  i tend to agree that iowa churns out better  football players than NYC.
12/8/2012 11:42 AM
D2 is great for West New Mex and Humboldt St
12/8/2012 3:55 PM
penn state's success in WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.