position conversions / we Topic

i notice that when there is a depth chart imbalance between positions (more at one than another)  it makes for WE increases when doing conversions...say LB to DE or similar.....is there a quantity that you need before the conversion hurts WE? do you always need to have at least (say) 1 more LB than DL even after it to have a successful WE during conversion?

* and does it help if they have a "guaranteed start" from recruiting for the conversion to not effect WE?
12/9/2012 10:37 AM (edited)
Generally I look at having 7 or fewer OL before converting to OL, Two TEs or fewer, 4 or fewer WRs and 2 RBs and 6 or fewer DL.  Nothing converts well to QB and I never needed to convert to LB or DB before. Typically get +WE every time. 

It also takes into effect the amounts of the position being converted from but I do not have observations in that regard.

Anyone remember the good ol days when you could change to any position as often as you like.  It was great for turning junk sim recruits into gods.  Ha.
12/9/2012 2:04 PM
does it take into account graduating seniors?

I have 7 OL now, one was a TE convert this yr......i have 4 graduating at seasons end.....i have 3 TE currently & plan on adding 3 more & converting 2 of those to OL
12/9/2012 3:33 PM
The TEs will lose a bit of blocking skill and probably won't increase their WE if you changed em this time around.
12/9/2012 4:09 PM
You can See what a conversion will be (if he is already on your roster) before you make a change. Then if you want to you change him . If you don't like what you see than don't complete the conversion. Just open the player's attributes up. Then click on change postion and put in the position you are considering. It will show you what his new attributes will be.
12/9/2012 6:20 PM
thanks.....im recruiting based on anticipated conversions though, so they are not currently on the roster, im trying to get some feedback before i offer them & go this route of several conversions
12/9/2012 7:43 PM
position conversions / we Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.