Medical Redshirt and injured players Topic

Three questions. One - What is the standard for a player to receive a medical redshirt?

Two - That same player is seeing his individual ratings decrease despite the fact I have practice minutes allocated to that area, anything I can do to stop the bleeding?

Three - What is the minimum health I should look for before reinserting the player into the lineup?

12/10/2012 8:24 AM
Skills will decrease during an injury even if you practice them.

At 60% healthy, a freshman will expect to play if you made any promises. I try not to play my upperclassmen until they are 80% or better

A medical redshirt is only available if a player misses most of the season but i can't remember the percentage of games.  However, you can't apply for it. WIS just gives it out of the goodness of their heart. (I've never seen it happen, though)
12/10/2012 8:35 AM
Thanks Al, its been awhile since I had such a serious injury. I'll just wait til he is better and then wait for the ratings to go back up. Amazingly the injury was the best thing to happen to the team, figured it was a rebuild year so was going to start him for development purposes. The JR. that replaced him has been great and we've started 5-0!
12/10/2012 8:38 AM
I dont remember if the HD rule follows real life or not but NCAA rules are that a player is eligible for a medical redshirt if he has played in 30% of his teams games or less.

12/10/2012 11:34 AM
been playing this sim forever.....never seen a medical redshirt. Never ever.
12/10/2012 11:32 PM
 I think you'd have to get injured twice to even have a chance. Just one injury wouldn't keep you benched long enough
12/11/2012 3:27 AM
Medical Redshirt and injured players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.