I have 20m in HS and 0 in college. Theres actually a decent 22 y/o college prospect rated 53 that my scouts found. This guy could probably be moved up to my top 10 choices, I'm just concerned the projections are going to be completely wrong. Anyone tried drafting a college guy in the top 50 while under zero in college scouting?
12/12/2012 1:45 AM
With 0 scouting budget for college, you have to completely ignore the projections.

You've got to look at his current ratings in all the core categories and decide for yourself if he's worth the risk  Keep in mind that a 22 y/o will experience less development than will a younger guy.
12/12/2012 8:24 AM
0 HS   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Randy Gagne

But I drafted Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jimmy Powell with 20m HS in another world and their currents looked similar. 

Time will tell if it was a mistake.
12/12/2012 9:07 AM
Unlikely to be a mistake Mike.  Powell is a stud.

12/12/2012 2:56 PM

That's not the point.   Powell was drafted with 20m in HS scouting(a HS player) while Gagne was drafted with 0 in HS scouting.   I took a chance on Gagne, not Powell, because he had pretty similar current ratings to Powell.

12/12/2012 3:57 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.