Ivy-MVC Challenge Topic

Since it's a 2 game per team tourney, it doesn't matter how many teams participate because it will always come out an even number.  So I did away with the 9 game idea and just included Columbia to even things out at 8 teams/conference.  I figured that would be fair since Columbia is an average sim. 

So it's a 16 game challenge.  I tried to match teams by prestige and # of upperclassmen next season.  Hope it seems fair to all.

Let me know if I screwed anything up.

Matchups for Season 64 Challenge

GAME 5
Brown at S. Illinois
Wichita St. at Columbia
Evansville at Cornell
Duquesne at W. Kentucky
N. Iowa at Fordham
Gardner-Webb at Penn
Princeton at Bradley
Creighton at Yale

GAME 6
Bradley at Brown
Columbia at Evansville
Cornell at Gardner-Webb
S. Illinois at Duquesne
Fordham at Creighton
Penn at Wichita St.
W. Kentucky at Princeton
Yale at N. Iowa
12/14/2012 11:32 PM
Looks good.  Thanks for taking care of this, kucewicz.
12/18/2012 11:17 AM
Ivy/MVC Challenge

Season 63 Results:  MVC Wins 5-4

Illinois State 63
Princeton 73

Harvard 66
Gardner-Webb 86

Columbia 67
Wichita St. 78

Southern Illinois 69
Cornell 79

Brown 64 (OT)
Evansville 59 

Duquesne 89
Drake 78

Western Kentucky 52
Bucknell 41

Fordham 54
Bradley 62

Creighton 70
Boston University 69
1/1/2013 10:31 AM
As we head into our 5th consecutive MVC/Ivy Challenge, the results of the so far could hardly be closer.  In our inaugural Season 60, the Ivy won 3 games to 2.  For the second season, up to eight match-ups, the MVC emerged victorious by a 5 games to 3 score.  In our only lopsided Challenge, the Ivy conquered the MVC in every conceivable way in Season 62, winning 6 to 2.  Last season, the MVC squeaked out a 5-4 win.

This season's challenge boasts a slightly new format, with 2 days worth of games (#5 & #6) and therefore a great deal more action that promises to be hard-fought and competitive  The matchups are as follows:

GAME 5
Brown at S. Illinois
Wichita St. at Columbia
Evansville at Cornell
Duquesne at W. Kentucky
N. Iowa at Fordham
Gardner-Webb at Penn
Princeton at Bradley
Creighton at Yale

GAME 6
Bradley at Brown
Columbia at Evansville
Cornell at Gardner-Webb
S. Illinois at Duquesne
Fordham at Creighton
Penn at Wichita St.
W. Kentucky at Princeton
Yale at N. Iowa

2/3/2013 11:35 AM (edited)

Hey all,

Here is my stab at the Challenge for Season 65.   I like what we did last season with stretching it over 2 days and think we should do so again.  Provided you find these matchups acceptable, schedule your game for either the #5 or #6 slot.  

To arrive at these proposed games, I created a point system based upon how many people each team had returning, their respective class sze, and the overall point totals of players coming back.  I ranked each conference, threw out a few of the sims, and checked to make sure none of the games were repeats from this season.   The SIM games I tried to schedule were, for the most part, the new coaches to both conferences (except for Indiana St., who already has a full slate of games).

Following this season's herculean beat-down, the edge once again favors the Ivy.  But a lot can change in one season.  

Proposed Season 65 MVC/IVY Challenge 

Spud-Webb @ Brown
Creighton vs.  Cornell
Wichita St. vs.  Fordham
Bradley @ Duquesne
WKU vs. Penn
Drake @ Dartmouth
SIUC @ Princeton
Evansville vs. Yale
N. Iowa vs. Columbia

2/9/2013 9:19 PM (edited)
Here we go, folks--finally.  The season 69 matchups for the Ivy/MVC challenge are posted below:

Matchup Game
Creighton vs. Princeton 3
Evansville vs Boston 4
SIUC @ Fordham 4
Bradley vs Penn 4
Spuds vs Brown 5
N. Iowa @ Yale 5
Indiana St. @ Columbia 5
Wichita St. vs. Cornell 6
WKU @ Boston 6
Drake @ Dartmouth 6
Illinois St. vs Duquesne 7
9/8/2013 2:16 PM
Ivy-MVC Challenge Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.