How to build a battle tested team? Topic

Kid (or anyone else thinking about the benefits of a full conference),

Rockhurst opened up in D-II Heartland (Iba).  This is one of the best open jobs this cycle and the conference is generally a full house.  Benefits are:
  • The Heartland is generally a top 3 conference
  • We play a challenge every year with the CVAC, Iba's top conference (at present)
  • Rockhurst had a winning record last year with a B prestige, despite a SOS of 32
  • 3 underclassmen improved by 70+ points, so there's plenty to work with
  • 4 seniors allow for your stamp to be quickly put on the program
  • School is based in Kansas City metro, you get distance advantage on those recruits
  • Conference success results in extra recruiting $$, $5000+ most years
W Florida opened up too.  They also had a winning record and many of the same benefits apply to them. 

A full house is the best way to play this game.  Come join us!
12/30/2012 10:45 AM
Posted by trojan4309 on 12/18/2012 7:19:00 PM (view original):
I would and have done both. I would schedule both cream of the crop non conference games along with playing in an elite conference. If you can get a top 10 SOS along with a .500+ record you will have a deacant seed in the NT no doubt.
Agree with this.  If it's a choice, join a good conference and build a top-10 non-con schedule.

It's possible to have a good RPI in a weaker conference, though - I've had a top-10 to top-20 RPI for the last 10 or so seasons with my Smith D2 team based mostly on how I schedule non-con.   Conference quality varies depending on how many coaches come and go and how well they recruit.  I have no control over that, but I can control how I schedule.

12/31/2012 12:06 AM
◂ Prev 12
How to build a battle tested team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.