Will this guy be any good Topic

I made this trade because he has big increases in stats and went high in the draft .....so, as I am a zero Adv scouting owner I did the math and decided this guy was worth it.

However, in the trade window his overall potential was 68/74.

1. Does this allow enough room for 2 more seasons of healthy growth?
2. Is the 74 projected overall inaccurate due to my zero Adv Scouting?
3. Even though he went in 1st round and has health growth +5 stats per season, is the projected overall something I should be looking at before trading?

I'm just wondering if this was lesson to be learned the hard way

Thanks,
www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx
12/17/2012 2:37 AM (edited)
Step 1 of using 0 ADV is ignoring projections. The 74 looks reasonably accurate, though that's a coincidence not good scouting. I assume that when you talk about increases in stats, you mean increases in ratings. His growth this season should end up being around 5 points, and expect another 2-4 over the next two seasons before he stops improving.
12/17/2012 3:51 AM
He'll be a servicable 2B who should steal a ton of bases.. 
12/17/2012 8:53 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/17/2012 8:53:00 AM (view original):
He'll be a servicable 2B who should steal a ton of bases.. 
+1.  I don't think he's a championship caliber starter if you don't run a lot, but he's a valuable reserve under any circumstances (can start for anyone against LHP) and if you do have base-stealing at 4 or 5 he's very nice.
12/17/2012 2:39 PM
Ditto

He's nice
12/17/2012 8:08 PM
He will never reach 74 OVA. Possible he could be a 70. AAA+ calibre player, not a starter on a top team.
12/28/2012 5:50 AM
Agree with what was said above. An ML level player as a really nice bench piece, a platoon starter vL, or maybe the #8/#9 hitter on a playoff team (when he's making the min and there aren't better alternatives avail, or maybe the team can't afford better).
12/28/2012 1:55 PM
Jetsons and mongoose are so far off base its not even funny.  MikeT123 and moethedog are much more accurate in their statements.  He will not be a "valuable reserve" or someone to just start against LHP.  I have no idea what link some of you clicked on, but it obviously redirected you to www.idontknowwhatimtalkingabout.com.
1/1/2013 1:55 PM
Will this guy be any good Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.