I hate that kind of 5H1T !! (full - waitlist) Topic

I have a thrid of my roster done --- it is not looking pretty so far !!!!!
1/2/2013 2:01 PM
Posted by CSRB1980 on 1/2/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):
I have a thrid of my roster done --- it is not looking pretty so far !!!!!
You know, though...

That's pretty much the way that the SIM was designed to be played.  They didn't figure on people abusing fatigue, they didn't figure that deadball pitchers would appear on 90% of rosters, or that normalization would rule as much as it does. 

And it's all relative... Nobody else has a bunch of deadball guys with all their WHIPS in the 0.90 and below range either. 

1/2/2013 4:33 PM
I'll take the last spot if its still available!
1/3/2013 7:01 AM
I just lost a WS in 7 games to a guy who used a 236-IP SP four times, and a 78-IP SP two times. The Sim has long been broken.
1/3/2013 8:09 AM

You're in Disco Dogs...

I'll send a sitemail to everyone... League is full in forums.

Will accept waitlists... Usually 1-2 owners bail on their committments to a league like this.

1/3/2013 8:41 AM
nhsteven joined the waitlist.
1/3/2013 12:30 PM
I'm interested.  I've got my first two leagues in progress and I'm hanging tight on one with a near .500 record.  But I'm sick of the HOF games against established players like Joss over and over and over again.  This sounds more up my alley.  I'll pay to get another team if there is still a spot open.  
1/13/2013 2:51 AM
Sorry, long full and started
1/14/2013 8:12 PM
Bump for rule reference.
1/29/2013 3:55 PM
Where are the rules?
1/29/2013 3:58 PM
First post in the thread
1/29/2013 4:11 PM
Speaking of rules:

"No player with a fatigue rating of 97 or less can start a game on offense or pitching.....The first 2 violations will result in
     forfeits of entire series vs team, the 3rd violation would make your team playoff ineligible."

Strictly speaking, this rule says that forfeits are the penalty only for the first two violations, and says nothing at all about a penalty for any violations after the 3rd.  I was assuming that all violations would result in forfeited series, but is that actually the intent?
1/30/2013 2:56 AM

Yes, I will do forfeits up to and including the third violation.  After that, it's buyer beware, as it's possible that an owner banned from the playoffs may be upset, and just ignore his team, potentially causing forfeits in every game. 

Frankly, I don't want to deal with that.  I don't think it will happen, but stranger things have occurred.

So going forward, Nhsteven's team won't generate any further forfeits for his opponents.

1/30/2013 9:16 AM
◂ Prev 12345
I hate that kind of 5H1T !! (full - waitlist) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.