Oops.  I just put my MLB 1B on the 15-Day DL.  But forgot to promote a guy (with zero options left) in exactly the same move.  If I do it in two different moves, can I still safely demote the AAA guy when my MLB guy comes off the DL?  Drats!
12/20/2012 11:44 AM
He may be exposed to a potential demotion penalty.
12/20/2012 11:59 AM
Thanks tec.  Will he have to clear waivers?
12/20/2012 1:21 PM

You stated that he has zero options, so yes, he would need to clear waivers.

12/20/2012 1:32 PM
Two different moves is fine... any time within the 8-hour cycle (per the FAQ).
12/20/2012 9:54 PM
Posted by jsturgis5866 on 12/20/2012 9:54:00 PM (view original):
Two different moves is fine... any time within the 8-hour cycle (per the FAQ).
Roster Moves I promoted Player A to my ML roster because one of my ML players was injured. Now that the ML player recovered, I'm ready to demote Player A back to the minors. How do I make sure that he doesn't receive any demotion penalties on his ratings? The player must be placed on the DL and the other player must be promoted in the same cycle (1 cycle = 1 HBD day). If that happens you should not see the ratings hit.

That is the language from the FAQ, but it is not consistent with my experience (or that of others, judging from the forums). Before relying on it, I would advise you to send a ticket and see if anything has changed or whether this is just an instance of the FAQ being loose with language.
12/20/2012 11:05 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.