Entire History of Baseball Progressive (2in) Topic

I wanted to create a progressive that uses almost every year in the WIS database and come up with an idea that will be fun and challenging.  This will be a 30 team progressive over 10 seasons and be a dual season league. There will be 6 divisions with 5 teams in each.  The first years we will use are

1895/1955
1905/1965
1915/1975
1925/1985
1935/1995
1945/2005

Divisions will be 5 per division and be aligned with the other owners that have your years.  No more than 5 teams can own a year

When you sign up you will select which year you would like to be yous for the next 10 years.  You will only be able to draft the 2 years you select. by the time we complete this seasons 2014 and 2015 should be completely

To keep things interesting I have added some rules.  First we will draft 30 players.  5 players per year can be placed in the minor leagues each season.

I. The minor leagues will work like this:

5 players max
Once player is in minors for total of 3 seasons he reenters draft and cannot be signed by your team.  When posting keeping place in brackets how many seasons he is in minor this is to keep people from hiding players

II.Special Twist - If a player has played for a team in a full season not counting minors he is permanently banned from league once dropped by owner. I don't want more than one team owning a player this will create draft strategies.

III. I am toying with the idea of making this a gift card league were the owner with the most combined wins at the end of the 10 years be crowned Progressive Champion. IF someone helps me in setting this up I will split the league finder free season with the other owner every other year.

1 win will be worth 1 point and 3 extra points given for wining playoff series and championship. i will kept an updated list of total points once a personnel forum for this league is setup

IV.  No salary cap, no WW, no trading, and no AAA. Both Leagues will use a DH

V. Drafting

you only draft players in your 2 years each year unlimited number of draftees and keepers max squad 30 players.

Draft order will be random first season and worst to first in the other years non serpentine style.

VI. Keeping a list -  It will be easier to keep a list of players unavailable then available so i will be diligent in updating the list when players are selected.

VII.  Stadiums will be exclusive as well.  we will have a special stadium draft.  You will only be able to draft a stadium used in your years. If your stadium expires and is no longer able to be used you must draft a new one or if you want to use a new stadium you can enter the draft.   Once a stadium is no longer used it will be retired forever.

VII. Naming conventions please use the City/Team name format for realness sake

I'd like to do a $10 Gift card from each owner if that gets up and running that is really the reason i wanted to do this.

Any questions please ask I may have forgot something.
12/21/2012 2:42 AM (edited)
Interested owners and season selected

1. pmars2001 - 1905/1965

12/25/2012 9:42 AM (edited)
Bump
12/22/2012 2:47 AM
Bump
12/24/2012 11:36 PM
IN..1905/1965
12/25/2012 1:06 AM
thanks for being the first
12/25/2012 9:41 AM
Bump
12/26/2012 11:17 PM
Bump
1/5/2013 3:17 PM
Entire History of Baseball Progressive (2in) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.