Alphabet Soup Rookie Progressive - 7 in !!! Topic

New Idea for a Progressive:

Take any letter from the alphabet (except the letters "I", "Q", "U", "X" and "Z" count as one letter)

Build a team based upon  Rookie Seasons for players whose last names started with that letter.

eg.  A team: C- Ausmus  1b - Anson  2b - Alomar  3b - Allen  SS - Aparicio or Appling  OF - Aaron, Ashburn, Abreu  P - Alexander, Aguilera, Allen etc.

Players progress year to year, though if dropped cannot be chosen later.

There is a $100 Million Cap, so you may need to drop players to fit in under the cap.

Subsequent years must redraft players (by rookie season), but stick with the same letter.

Team name should stick with their letter eg. Allentown Alligators for the A's team.  Maybe stadium too (Arlington Stadium?)

I've played around with it a bit, and its kind of fun.

Should be able to make a 20 team league.

Should have a DH (lots of players) but league can vote on that.  No WW etc.  Could Draft AAA players also (likely 4)

Should be modern era (1901-current) though could make exceptions.

I am happy to take the last letter (s)

Will leave up this post and see how much interest there is.

12/24/2012 12:42 AM (edited)

1.   ljemd - will take last letter
2.   bluetufts - M
3.   unnaturals - R
4.   masterdebate - J
5.   imladris12 - G
6.   yargespd1 - S
7.   calhoop - W
1/6/2013 5:18 PM (edited)
b
12/26/2012 2:53 PM
b
1/5/2013 4:37 PM
I would try s
1/5/2013 6:06 PM
I would like to sign up with W
1/5/2013 7:15 PM
b
1/6/2013 5:19 PM
Alphabet Soup Rookie Progressive - 7 in !!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.