Promoting players too soon? Topic

I needed some holes filled in the minors so I decided to bring some guys up that were doing well in the lower minors to promote them to a higher minor league team figuring it would give them a boost and help the team. Most of the players I did this with lost points in their ratings!!??  Most of them are continuing to do well despite the promotion but will they ever gain their lost rating back? Should I demote them?  Thanks and Merry Christmas!
12/26/2012 12:03 PM
Which players had ratings declines with their promotions?
12/26/2012 1:43 PM
Yeah, you promoted 9 players on 12/22-24.  None took a hit. 
12/26/2012 3:24 PM
I am not sure what I was looking at but I checked 4 players yesterday and they all regressed.  Maybe it was a different stat line I was checking. One AAA guy I promoted - Darr - did dip in stats but it kind of makes sense, he was not fully ready.  Yea, so far I am not doing too bad, most of the promoted players are doing good or better than before. Sorry about that, thanks for looking into it though.
12/26/2012 8:23 PM
Posted by chisox378 on 12/26/2012 8:23:00 PM (view original):
I am not sure what I was looking at but I checked 4 players yesterday and they all regressed.  Maybe it was a different stat line I was checking. One AAA guy I promoted - Darr - did dip in stats but it kind of makes sense, he was not fully ready.  Yea, so far I am not doing too bad, most of the promoted players are doing good or better than before. Sorry about that, thanks for looking into it though.
Here is the Darr you promoted and reference.

Are you moving him up the ladder faster than I would? Absolutely.

But I do not see the "dip in stats" you reference. I assume you mean ratings, though, not stats. If you really mean stats, feel free to ignore them, provided the guy is getting regular PT.

If you did mean ratings, are you sure you are reading the player card correctly?
12/27/2012 4:48 PM (edited)
no, you are right, thank you. I was reading it backwards. He actually gained ratings.  thanks for the insight.
12/27/2012 2:15 PM
Spoiler alert :  He won't cut it at the ML level.
12/27/2012 10:52 PM
He is an Indian, we dont give up on our prospects. With a little coaching, you never know. Darr has balanced stats that will help the AAA level and has a possibility to back up in the majors. It will be hard for him since he is a DH only though.
12/28/2012 11:16 AM

Yeah he's a decent steal in the 12th round. As a DH, even without knowing the intricacies of your world, he generally wont be better than a 25th guy on a ML team.

I've started promoting guys sooner than I wanted if there's a big discrepancy between the coaches at different levels. I sent my 1st round (1st overall) SP, that started at High A, to AAA this season because of the better coaching. He was also a college pitcher, so he's a little further along than a HS guy would have been. While he isnt putting up killer numbers at AAA, he's progressing a little better than I assume he would be at AA.

12/28/2012 11:24 AM
Cool, thanks musketeer.  Darr is getting alot of attention in the minors and seems to be a sparkplug off the field as well.  The ladies are calling him 'Darr-ling.'  He might be worth a late year roster expansion player to ignite the team. My scouts have him to finish with a pwer rating of 82. Hopefully he isnt too wild as Jeremy Giambi was in the movie Moneyball. 
12/28/2012 2:09 PM
Promoting players too soon? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.