Waiver Wire Dilemma Topic

Just looking for some feedback, please. I have an '81 Raines that is batting .176/.254 after 43 games. Is it time to cut bait on this guy? I know some of you don't believe in using the WW, but this guy is driving me nuts.
12/26/2012 12:55 PM
I would hang on to him for a while longer. 43 games really isn't that long. Also, a big factor on whether to use the WW or not is if there is someone that is legitimately a better fit for your team. Sometimes people react too quickly, drop someone on a cold streak, then pick up someone who's not as good - simply because they were available. It rarely turns out well.
12/26/2012 2:58 PM
I appreciate the feedback, matt. Before I saw your post, though, I pulled the trigger on a WW claim and used '81 Raines and some cash to pick up '82 Rickey Henderson. Lower BA, but slightly better OBP, still a ton o' speed, same defense (C) but better range (A). We'll see how it shakes out, but my team isn't exactly lighting it up, regardless.
12/26/2012 6:29 PM
Every now and then a waiver wire pickup will turn out to be just what the team needed. Hope it works out for you!
12/26/2012 7:04 PM
Waiver Wire Dilemma Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.