Getting Tired Of "Gamers" In Open Leagues Topic

I love WIS, I enjoy managing a sim team the way it would have been in real life.  I've played this way since starting (7 seasons in a year).  I've even made the playoffs once.  However it's hard to compete this way when other "managers" are drafting 400 ab hitters, going with 2 man rotations, have the same 5-6 players on every team in the league,  manuever AAA players for cash to buy better players on the WW, etc...
I'd like to find a theme that offers a 80-90 mil payroll, where the only way to manipulate a roster is thru trades.  Where you have to have a 4 or 5 man rotation and hitters that have at least 500 ab.  You know, like a real manager..., not a "gamer".  Pick your team, and try to manage them to victory, simple concept, isn't it?  Anyone else out there feel this way?

Thanks,
Corvair
12/29/2012 12:34 PM
Then you need to quit playing open leagues. I suggest joining a progressive. That sounds more like what you want.
12/29/2012 12:44 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You need to start searching the Theme League Classifieds where your wants will be met.    Various caps, rules, etc...  
12/29/2012 1:04 PM
Themes and progressives are the only way to play. There are plenty of available leagues in the classifieds.....biglenr's would certainly be a good one  
12/29/2012 8:00 PM
I'm with ya corvair! Check out progressive leagues... I think you'll be glad you did.
12/29/2012 10:07 PM
If i never found progressive league i would have quit years ago, you will find a much better baseball experience playing in them
12/29/2012 10:25 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
corvair - first, let me say I agree with your comments, and those of others who recommend themes and progressives.  However, your comments got me thinking about how one defines what a 'real' manager has to do.  You mentioned hitters with at least 500 ABs as one criterion.  In 2012, the average team had only four players with at least 500 ABs, with the ChiSox leading with seven players accumulating that many.  The fewest?  2012 Oakland has ONE player in the database with at least 500 ABs!
12/30/2012 3:44 PM
I've got 2 spots open in my Page-A-Day progressive league right now. The league is very realistic and would meet all your needs corvair. Just check out the classifieds to see what the rosters of each team are and you'll see that all of the management skills you are looking for are there.
12/30/2012 11:20 PM
Getting Tired Of "Gamers" In Open Leagues Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.