Geno Smith just went from the expected first QB to be picked in the draft to barely draftable.  Given the nature of the talent pool and the guys who are now considered better (Bridgewater, Murray, Barkley etc.), what a bad time to have a bad showing.
12/29/2012 6:44 PM
Overboard post of the year?
12/29/2012 11:05 PM
or overrated player of the year.
12/30/2012 6:41 PM
People aren't going to look at that one game and go ZOMG! He is the suck!

I'm not the biggest Geno fan, I think he has a slow delivery and takes too long to make a decision, things that won't be an option in the NFL. He'll still be a first or early second rounder regardless.
12/31/2012 10:44 AM
But he absolutely shouldn't be drafted that early.  As you said, he does take too long to make a decision and he frequently makes a bad decision.  How many times does he throw the ball all the way across the field, for instance.  Too many!!!  Those won't work in the NFL -- his arm is good but it isn't that good.  Sometimes, against Big 12 defenses that suck, he can get away with some of those bad decisions because of the talented wide outs he can throw to.  In the NFL, those are interceptions.

In that bowl game, I think all of his deficiencies were put on prominent display.  Whether it was a bad game or that's just who he is, I think he lost draftability.
12/31/2012 12:27 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.