Another dumb/quick question Topic

Can an A+ prestige at DI get on a highly ranked recruit's considering list with just a scholarship offer and a phone call? Or do you need at least an HV? Assume no one else has recruited him yet.
I ask, because one school always comes in after the first cycle with about 20 kids considering him, and I always wonder whether he's giving visits to everyone, or just throwing out phone calls and a schollie.
Tx.
12/30/2012 6:43 AM
promises, promises, promises. 
12/30/2012 12:40 PM
Can make many more promises than you intend to keep so long as you don't actually sign more of them than you can keep.
12/30/2012 12:45 PM
Hmm -- but in DI, top guys don't accept promises until you've put in a certain amount of effort.  I know it's a popular strategy in DII/III -- but in DI, what's the minimum amount of effort you need to get on a 4 or 5-star's considering list?
12/30/2012 1:45 PM
I have made it onto a considering list with promised start on a 5 star at A- prestige. It depends on what kind of effort others have put in. 
12/30/2012 2:00 PM
Posted by jeffdrayer on 12/30/2012 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Hmm -- but in DI, top guys don't accept promises until you've put in a certain amount of effort.  I know it's a popular strategy in DII/III -- but in DI, what's the minimum amount of effort you need to get on a 4 or 5-star's considering list?
this is incorrect (at least partially). its all relative. to an A+ school, a 5 star is nothing. you can get them to take starts straight away. its minutes you need effort to throw on. i think even for b prestige schools, 5 stars will take your start straight away, but its just not enough to get considered. the guy who you are talking about, is almost unquestionably doing the $110 special for all 20 of those guys (or even the 10 dollar special for the 2 stars and down)
12/30/2012 9:27 PM
Another dumb/quick question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.