Defensive Positioning Topic

I know this has been discussed in the past....  Can someone give me the post for how defensive positioning impacts rebounding.  If I remember correctly, positioning does not really help you rebound (ie -5).  If that is the case, it goes counter to what I would have thought.
12/30/2012 8:53 PM
Q: What does the defensive positioning setting do?

A: This setting allows you to focus your defense on a particular area of the floor such as tightly guarding the perimeter or packing the lane. Each has it's pros and cons. If you focus too much on the outside, yes, you'll give their outside shooters fits and you'll probably be called for less fouls, but their low post players will have an easier time inside as will players that drive to the hole. You'll also be out of position for many rebounds. On the other hand, if you focus on stopping the inside game, you'll give a good passing team many open outside shots, but you'll have more players in position to rebound and you'll probably be called for more fouls by concentrating your defenders in one area.
1/2/2013 11:55 AM
Defensive Positioning Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.