Imagine you are back in gym class in grammar school. It is time for everyone's favorite game, Dodge Ball. The teacher picks you to be a captain, who do you choose to be on your team? In this league, we will have four captains, who will choose five team mates to make a team of six, including themselves. The captains will have a draft to select their team mates.
   As the six man teams are assembled by the captains, they will tell me how they want their team placed in which divisions.
   Once the season starts, we will begin to throw the Dodge Ball. After the 3rd game of the season, the manager of the team with the worst record (goals scored being the tie breaker) gets to throw the Dodge Ball. They may select anyone on another team, in the opposite conference, and tell that manager to drop a certain player, Just like in school, you have to throw the ball across the gym. The stricken manager then has 36 hours to release the player, select someone off the WW, and throw the ball himself. Again, it has to go to the opposite league, and he can't hit the player who just hit him. Then that player has 36 hours to release the player, select someone from the WW, and throw the ball. If a player does not release the named player within 36 hours, every game after is forfeit until the player is released, and the ball thrown.
   You may not hit someone in the same league as yourself. You may not hit the person who just hit you.
   When it is your turn to throw the ball, you need to a) post it in the league forum b) site mail the victim and c) sitemail me, so that we can get the 36 hour clock running. You do not have to wait 36 hours to release your player and throw the ball. The quicker it is done the more fun it is.
   As for your roster, we will use a $90m cap, WW (of course), no ML, PI off,  relaxed roster requirements, trades only among the six man teams we spoke of earlier. In other words, our six man teams may help each other out. No other trades are allowed.
  OK, that's it. Let's fill this up and start chuckin' that ball!!!!

12/30/2012 9:11 PM
Signups: pfattkatt
                2 the_bro
                  3kiteport
                4 chuckinrlp

12/31/2012 10:26 PM (edited)
Put me in coach. How are captains chosen?
12/31/2012 2:10 AM
I hope I will get six volunteers...if not, we will have to figure something out!
12/31/2012 11:11 AM
Sounds like fun. Wordy, but fun.
12/31/2012 11:57 AM
Does that mean you are in kiteport?
12/31/2012 1:50 PM
Sure.
12/31/2012 3:46 PM
Sure.
12/31/2012 3:46 PM
Wow! A new idea! Count me in as well!
12/31/2012 5:51 PM
Thanks guys. movin' right along!

12/31/2012 10:29 PM (edited)

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.