NFL Survivor- still undefeated- playoff time! Topic

So I have made it to 17-0 and won the WIS Survivor contest. Now the more difficult picks begin. Same rules as before, once you pick a team you cannot choose them again. So I am turning to you guys for some input:

6. Cincy @ 3. Houston

6. Minn @ 3. GB

5. Indy @ 4. Balt

5. Sea @ 4. Wash

I am tempted to pick GB, but I think they can beat SF and Atl and get back to the Super Bowl. I would like to pick them later on. I do like Houston at home this week, even though they have lost their last 2, I still think they can take care of Cincy and then lose to Patriots.
My plan (for now)-
Houston this week
Atlanta next week over Sea/Wash winner
SF/GB over Atl in NFC Champ. game
NE/Denver will be in SB and I will pick them to win it

Who like this plan or who has a better one? Convince me of a better one OR re-affirm these picks and if I win it all, I will buy you a $25 gift cert @ WIS. Give me some comprehensive analysis.....mine is a first instict, go with my gut feeling.
12/31/2012 1:31 PM
Houston pick worries me. They are 6-2 at home on the season but the Bengals are also 6-2 on the road. The Texans come into the playoffs losing 3 of 4 by a combined 93-36 but their opponents combined 33 wins. Bengals come in winning 3 of their last 4 but only 22 total wins for their opponents.

I personally like Seattle over Washington. Both teams come in hot but looking at Seattle's defensive stats I think they will be able to slow down RGIII and pull off the W. Seattle is the best defense that Washington will face over this 7 game win streak... by far. All the others were ranked around 20th against the run, which for Washington is 1st in the NFL (Seattle is 10th defensively). Seattle is also 1st in points against per game allowing just 15. Washington is 22nd.

Your second pick I agree with I think Atl will finally get some post season success... just too powerful for the wildcard teams.

Your third pick I also agree with. I think Atl's season ends when they face any of those three teams (I think Minn might pull it off against GB). I think this will be SF v Minn. I think SF will come together and play well and I think they will come out to face Atl. I think with the running game (4th) of SF and their defense being both 4th against the run and pass and 2nd in total scoring will be too much and Atl will also choke helping SF pull off the win. Atl defense is ranked below 20th in both passing and rushing yds and they have a poor running game on offense. I think with them relying on the pass SF will have a hayday.

I like your SB pick as well but I would have to wait to see who they face to do any kind of analysis. I think NE or Den will be there though with a very good chance to win it all.
12/31/2012 2:11 PM
Here are my picks the Bengals Packers Ravens Seahawks.

Bengals- The bengals have been super hot lately and the Texans not so much. The Bengals are 6-2 on the road. The Bengals are 4-1 in their last 5 and the teaxans are just 2-3.

Packers- This match up is very even but the home team has won everytime. The Vikings are 3-5 on the road and the Packers are 7-1 at home. The Vikings are 24th in pass defense and the Packers are in 9th for passing.

Ravens- You might say the ravens are doing awful which they havent done great of late but they are 6-2 at home and the Colts are 4-4 away. That is all I got for this game.

Seahawks- The Redskins are 1st in rushing but the Seahwaks are 10th in rush defense. In the past 5 games the Seahawks have beaten their oppenents by an avg of 25.8 points while the Redskins have beaten their oppenents in the last 5 games by an avg of 8.2 points.

I would pick the Packers then the Falcons then the 49ers then the AFC Champ (This might change and sitemail me if you want to know who I think you should pick for the divisional round)
1/1/2013 1:04 PM
Am I crazy to switch it up and go with the Ravens instead of the Texans? I know neither team has been tearing it up lately, but now that Ray Lewis has announced his retirement I think the crowd will get the team so fired up that their emotion will overcome the high that Indy has had the past week. Besides, the Ravens are a playoff-tested team and this is Luck's first rodeo.
So the question is who do you take?
Votes: 14
(Last vote received: 1/7/2013 4:55 PM)
1/3/2013 8:13 PM
Well golf you got your Texans pick, Ravens or my Seahawks pick would have worked... GL in the second round
1/6/2013 7:39 PM
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 1/6/2013 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Well golf you got your Texans pick, Ravens or my Seahawks pick would have worked... GL in the second round
No, I took the Ravens in the first round. I believe I will take the Falcons over the Seahawks for the Divisional round. New England should be the hands down pick, but I want to have them available should they make it to the Super Bowl and if I make it that far.
Picks-
Wildcard game- RAVENS
Divisional game- FALCONS
Conference Championship- winner of GB/SF
Super Bowl- winner of Denver/NE

That is how I see it. Comments?
1/6/2013 8:51 PM
Ill give u my advice later on
1/6/2013 10:22 PM
Posted by golfpro71 on 1/6/2013 8:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 1/6/2013 7:39:00 PM (view original):
No, I took the Ravens in the first round. I believe I will take the Falcons over the Seahawks for the Divisional round. New England should be the hands down pick, but I want to have them available should they make it to the Super Bowl and if I make it that far.
Picks-
Wildcard game- RAVENS
Divisional game- FALCONS
Conference Championship- winner of GB/SF
Super Bowl- winner of Denver/NE

That is how I see it. Comments?
Those look great to me
1/6/2013 10:58 PM
NFL Survivor- still undefeated- playoff time! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.